HybridZ

sr20det intercooler question

280zjoel

ok, so im doing an sr20det in my 75 280z and i'm doing a similar setup as Alex's top mount 240z from vildini motorsports. (mines a little more mickey mouse thought:weird:) I had an ubber-noob moment and decided to run a q45 throttlebody instead of the stock sr throttlebody. that being said there is bout 1 to 1.5 inch gap between the throttlebody and the intercooler outlet, is it ok to just use a 3''-3.5'' transition hose to connect the intercooler to the throttlebody? Does anyone think there will be any issues with engine movement causing the hose to tear under load?

HPIM1329.jpg?t=1202157660HPIM1328.jpg?t=1202158582HPIM1330.jpg?t=1202158623

i was looking for a 3'' to 3.5'' hump hose but i couldnt find any, so the transition hose will have to do for now, eventually i move the intercooler forward closer to the core support and do a better v-mount radiator than the one i'm currently going to run

• 3 months later...

I'm doing a v mount with my SR20 setup as well, but I had more space between the enigne and intercooler than that. I used a transition and a hump hose. I would put the IC more forward if you could. On the other hand You could solidly mount the engine... but this isn't a good enough reason to do that.

• 3 weeks later...