HybridZ

What is your Daily Driver?

JustinOlson

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wzp_bs1a_m.jpg

I could be wrong, but I swear this car belongs to one of the members of Northwestz.org (still the original owner). I've always wanted to copy-cat this photo...it shouldn't be too difficult to find a frozen waterfall on the Columbia river historic highway. :icon14:

A pristine '81 turbo that is soooo OEM, I call it "extreme stock" lol!

My current daily driver is a bare bones 2005 honda civic coupe. When I baby it I always get around 40mpg and after putting 50+k miles on it I have yet to have a single problem. I would go with the civic I were you simply because of reliability and great gas mileage. As long as you don't drive it like most kids do (not calling you a kid, I'm just saying) you probably won't have any problems from the police.

But to be fair, I'll be handing this car over to my girlfriend as soon as my 82 zx is done(ish), then I'll be using that as my daily driver and keeping our 94 olds cutlass supreme for whenever that's going under the knife.

My current DD is a 1998 Chevy Malibu.

The car has been nothing but reliable, other than a failed starter that stranded me at the bank at a bad time to do so, but other than that it was mostly just the normal maintenance. That reminds me I need an oil change. :lol:

I'm looking to sell it too. ;):lol:

Once I get my truck back together, should be this spring, or early summer, it will be my DD, a 1985 GMC S-15 Jimmy, "Typhony". :D

+1 for the subbie

I have an 89rx awd, turbo, 5sp, locking diff and hi lo range. it has like -15 horsepower but its still fun when its slick.

I dont have much money in it and its great for when it snows.

Cant wait for the possible 6" tonight.

sam

My DD is a '05 Mazda3 5-door w/auto. Black on Black! Sweet!

I also share with the wife a '01 Mazda Tribute to haul the bicycles around.

Just added a hitch to be able to mount my bike rack to also haul the bicycles.

Just sold a '91 BMW 325iC convert' which was my daily before the Mazda3 came onboard.

The 240 is about to climb onto the rotisserie and won't be on the road anytime soon.

My current DD is a 1998 Chevy Malibu.

The car has been nothing but reliable, other than a failed starter that stranded me at the bank at a bad time to do so, That reminds me I need an oil change. :lol:

I got a chuckle out of this^^^^

I was driving a 1999 Chevy Z71. The red one beside the Z.

Myblack1972240Zandmyredtruck.jpg

I got tired of the mileage and bought a Ford E-250 Van for work/towing.

Then I bought a 1997 BMW M3 sedan... A rare one... for my daily driver.

BMWM3001.jpg

Damn, the M3 is a blast to drive.

Geo Metro... 60+MPG. It will take WAYYYYY too much effort to make it fast with the 1.3L 3 cylinder. That way you save your gas money AND insurance money for your Z. Pick one up for $750 and drive it. I'm tempted to do it to save my Frontier from commuting to college 60 miles every day(and spend 1/4 the gas!!!).

When your done with it, sell it to the scrap yard for $100.

That leaves like 5 grand for your Z car!

What I have been driving every day for the last two weeks or so. This pic, taken this morning at 6:40am, about 1.5"-2" of snow on the ground, ice packed roads, temp. was 11F, tires on the car are 14years old and *VERY* questionable. Driving to work was VERY white knuckled...but I made it, people looked at me like a mad man without a prescription (I love it!). Car has great heat (wow!) and after sitting outside all night, fired right up first go...vroooom!

302598610.jpg

Do I get the insanity award?

Yasin

wzp_bs1a_m.jpg

I could be wrong, but I swear this car belongs to one of the members of Northwestz.org (still the original owner). I've always wanted to copy-cat this photo...it shouldn't be too difficult to find a frozen waterfall on the Columbia river historic highway. :icon14:

A pristine '81 turbo that is soooo OEM, I call it "extreme stock" lol!

Here is the link to the website. I got the picture from. Also a reason I stated, that is what I hoped to be my finished result. With my turbo conversion. It is a constant inspiration to me. Everytime I see it. Anyway Here is the link. Oh and I agree...It is one of the best pictures of a Z that I have seen. Just friggin' beautiful, in every way. :cool:

http://www.zparts.com/showcase/wzp/wzp99_bs.htm

WildmaN, I was totally wrong! :redface: Thanks for setting me straight.

Here is my daily driver:

p1010041.jpg

I telecommuted to work this day. (I was repairing the FG airdam so I had a 240z front valance on).

It's cool man. Wasn't trying to to make you look bad. Just wanted to show you. Where I got the picture from. Because I can't take credit for that beautiful Z. I would really be bs'in. lol It's all good bro'. And sweet 240z man. :cool:

It's cool man. Wasn't trying to to make you look bad. Just wanted to show you. Where I got the picture from. Because I can't take credit for that beautiful Z. I would really be bs'in. lol It's all good bro'. And sweet 240z man. :cool:

I don't blame you at all for liking that photo!! I wish it were mine so I could frame it, lol. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the props on my 260. It just keeps on going...but my SU's hate to start when it gets below freezing.;)