Making my own EFI intake... The First Casting

Derek

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I'm starting to see the end of the line.

4 speed to 5 speed swap complete.

Header installed

Intake installed.

Fuel delivery line converted to 6AN.

Injectors installed.

Fuel rail installed.

Fuel system pressure tested at 125 PSI.

All sensors connected and operational

(this is starting to sound like a freeking countdown)

All I have left to do is install the surge tank and hook up the pressure regulator and then fire it up.

Tomorrow should be the day.

I'll bring the video camera in with me just in case.

Derek

You just say what I think you said?

bg8u85.jpg

Goodluck!

I have to install the bulkhead and then the tank and high pressure filter so I'm missing some clamps.

RX7 lift pump into tank with Walbro in tank pump.

DSC_0026.jpg

Ok the welds could be a little better but I haven't done any serious tig welding in a year or more. No leaks though!

I made a hybrid fitting for the high pressure side. I took a 6AN elbow and drilled and taped it to 1/4 pipe.

DSC_0024.jpg

This makes for a nice connection in the surge tank.

Yes the terminal screws are insulated.

DSC_0025.jpg

Believe it or not it all fits back there.

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Derek

Oh wow it's tomorrow already. Did you take today off to work on it? I've been waiting long hours for this day. How long has it been since you started? It's very impressive when you think about the amount of work you've actually accomplished.

That Surge tank looks awesome, Are you expecting someone to be shooting at it? It looks like it's bulletproof. n your welds, well they're a lot better than mine so don't worry about it. Very nice work as usual. We're all waiting for you to turn the key...

Oh, we could see those girls really dug you, you're That Horney Z Guy.

Good luck, here's hoping for a smooth startup and operation. I'm sure Daeron didn't mean anything by posting APOLLO 13!!!!?!?!

Phar

I'm sure Daeron didn't mean anything by posting APOLLO 13!!!!?!?!

Phar

Well, it was something of a comparison between our Horny Hero and the methodical, precise, determined work done by the men to get those guys BACK that I had in mind.. plus, Gene Kranz is pretty much my default "mission control" guy in my head.

Well, it was something of a comparison between our Horny Hero and the methodical, precise, determined work done by the men to get those guys BACK that I had in mind.. plus, Gene Kranz is pretty much my default "mission control" guy in my head.

Hehe, yeah okay I agree, Gene Kranz, is still the face of Nasa even this long after, though you could have said it's about a great bunch of guys who accomplished the impossible. if you think about what they did, they were pretty amazing in all they had to do and time perfectly when all they had were slide rules and nixie tube calculators. Last time I was in FL we went to see Nasa, n there were still some of the old guys who were actually there, for the programs, giving tours. That says something, Either they love Nasa and space, or Nasa has a crappy retirement program.

Man, we might have to have Derek's name changed again. I'm liking The Horny Hero better than that Horny Z guy.

Well today's another day maybe he'll get it started today. I'm worried about the under manifold heat possibilities, but I think everything else looks great. Are you timing your MS off your same EDIS wheel?

Oh, Your surge tank is mounted vertically right?? Horizontal could be bad. I'm an expert at stating the obvious, I know.

Phar