HybridZ

Making my own EFI intake... The First Casting

Derek

Hey Tony:

Hopefully Extrudabody will be changing this "pretty advanced ECU incorporating Alpha-N/MAP blend for fuel economy and drivability" very soon!

We have a 4 cylinder ITB Set-up running now on Extrudabody Electronics where there's no Alpha-N or MAP Blend and produces 30kpa at Idle. It does require a 60-2 or 30-1 Crank Sensor set-up though! It's also Sequential injection without a CAM sensor, and has a OBD2 Plug that works with most OBD2 Scan Tools!

But does it produce 30KPa at a 900 rpm idle with a 575" lift, 280+ Duration Cam? When you aren't producing any idle vacuum from a big cam, alpha-n/blend is a nice option to have...

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Derek,

So by now you've got to be around the 1000 mile mark, I would assume everthing is running wonderfully. I was curious though how well are the foam/mesh screen filters working out? are they getting clogged very easilly? have you had any other issues?

I was thinking about this too, how well would this type of setup work with the Z31 EFI swap. It converts to a MAP and with the 83 dist it has CAM timing for sequential firing. I imagine it should work well... I gues we'll still never know unless you go into production...

oh I've been refering guys your way about the injector caps you made..

Phar

Derek,

So by now you've got to be around the 1000 mile mark, I would assume everthing is running wonderfully. I was curious though how well are the foam/mesh screen filters working out? are they getting clogged very easilly? have you had any other issues?

I was thinking about this too, how well would this type of setup work with the Z31 EFI swap. It converts to a MAP and with the 83 dist it has CAM timing for sequential firing. I imagine it should work well... I gues we'll still never know unless you go into production...

oh I've been refering guys your way about the injector caps you made..

Phar

Hi Phar

Well I have over 3000 miles on them and I'm really happy. They start every time. Idle like a champ. The extra code even raises the idle for me when I turn on the A/C. I've had zero problems with hot start issues or any issue for that matter. The air filters are working fine. I pulled one at 1500 miles and cleaned it in a clear container so I could see how much dirt I was dealing with. The outer filter showed some dirt but the inner was as clean as could be.

The biggest problem with them is me. I just don't have any free time to work on the tuning. I know the economy sucks but the pattern business is rocking.

I'm gearing up to do a little motor work. I bought a p90 from jeffer949 and plan on doing the mill .080" and shim the cam routine. I'm going to go with an ISKY regrind specs TBD and cast flat top pistons. This should be a nice affordable step up for me in performance. I'm hoping this will help show the real potential on my manifold other than sounding and looking cool. Although that's still good enough for me!

Derek

Tony:

I just saw your Post/Question/Comment! Sorry for not replying sooner!

I agree with you if the Electronics is not sophisicated enough to handle the MAP sensor Control functions, then you need Alpha-n/MAP Blend to steady the Load INPUT to inject the correct amount of fuel. The Bullseye is much easier to hit, if it's not jumping all over the place! ;)

With that said....................If the Map Sensor is only sampling 1 cylinder, when the cylinder in question is only on the intake stroke in a defined narrow section where you know the exhaust Valve is Closed..................... what do you think? :) It may NOT develop 30kpa with that high of lift/Dur, but we have a rock steady MAP signal, and only the resolution of the sensor suffers, not make the sensor completely useless at idle!

More importantly the MAP sensor Control Function allows fully sequential injection without the hassel of a CAM Sensor!

:hijack:Not trying to Jack this Thread, as this is a COMMON Issue that effects ALL ITB Company's not just Extrudabody! Derek when you install that new CAM, your tuning world is going to change! :( As I'm sure you know already!

Kevin

Below are the Parameters JUST TO SET-UP the MAP sensor! We are working on some Cutting Edge $hit here guys!

l_b774ec2155c64331a18ed9221e00de9f.jpg

Kevin Thornton

www.extrudabody.com

509-498-8555

Derek when you install that new CAM, your tuning world is going to change! :-( As I'm sure you know already!

That's part of the reason I quit tuning it! I knew I'd have to start from scratch.

Keep me posted on your new system. Tuning ITB's are a bitch. (at least for me)

Derek

• 1 month later...
Hows this coming along? Are you still considering selling the manifolds to select customers?

Saw your new video on youtube, nice work!

Thanks.

The manifolds work great but in this economy the amount of investment vs return is too iffy right now. When consumer spending starts growing again I'll be considering it. The patterns and core boxes need a lot of work before they would be ready for even a limited production.

Derek

Thanks.

The manifolds work great but in this economy the amount of investment vs return is too iffy right now. When consumer spending starts growing again I'll be considering it. The patterns and core boxes need a lot of work before they would be ready for even a limited production.

Derek

I would like to encourage you and say take the leap now. You have a real tallent and the time to gain market share is when the economy is beat up.. even if it costs you a little. Keep the faith and turn some parts out, it will be more than worth it when cosumer spending comes back up. If not I'd drop my stimulus $ for one of those sweet manifolds!

I would like to encourage you and say take the leap now. You have a real tallent and the time to gain market share is when the economy is beat up.. even if it costs you a little. Keep the faith and turn some parts out, it will be more than worth it when cosumer spending comes back up. If not I'd drop my stimulus $ for one of those sweet manifolds!

Thanks Roger,

If I was slow right now I would be working on the patterns here and there but honestly I'm slammed. I have 3 V8 manifold patterns to produce and It's looking pretty good that I'll be doing a bunch of the restoration of disneys main street railings.

Really the main thing that kept these from going to market was the fact that they worked right out of the box. If I would have had to re cast them I probably would have made the revisions to the patterns.

Derek

Thanks Roger,

If I was slow right now I would be working on the patterns here and there but honestly I'm slammed. I have 3 V8 manifold patterns to produce and It's looking pretty good that I'll be doing a bunch of the restoration of disneys main street railings.

Really the main thing that kept these from going to market was the fact that they worked right out of the box. If I would have had to re cast them I probably would have made the revisions to the patterns.

Derek

Just add me to the list of people who have tried to talk you into selling these and failed. I'm sure glad to read that you are busy; though.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...