HybridZ
G.I.jonas

Cosworth engines.

Lets not forget there's plenty of monster miatas out there proving that many miata owners aren't fond of their engines.

And we've seen plenty of SR motors with more than 100hp over stock on stock internals. It's not THAT uncommon. Even 150 over stock isn't unheard of and can be done.

But I definately agree about the weight and traction issues. The miata is small and light, and the 500hp cases are rare because those levels are so unmanagable.

A comrad of mine went to cosworth to posiably buy one. Not sure the size but he normally uses 4 cylinder engines. They wanted 50,000 for a long block!!!! Ant those eaisy to find parts at 24,000 for a crank, I'd imagine there still on the shelf waiting for a sponser to come along.

If someone did put a cosworth in a Z it would be awsome

And we've seen plenty of SR motors with more than 100hp over stock on stock internals. It's not THAT uncommon. Even 150 over stock isn't unheard of and can be done.quote]

100hp over stock = roughly 300 - 350.

SR's builders are known to get to 550 on stock internals. Enjuku Racing is one of them.