HybridZ

Dave's 280z VK56DE Project

Thanks Rich,

I have a G35 6-speed and trans adaptor ready to go.

IMAG0969-1.jpg

Clutch and flywheel I discussed with the guys here: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/107225-custom-qm-flywheel-with-3-plate-clutch/page__p__1004083__hl__%2Bvk56+%2Bcustom+%2Bflywheel__fromsearch__1#entry1004083 so I know where I'm going with that.

Itching to get the welder fired up and fab up some mounts for the engine/box so I can get things in place!

Dave

Edited by thehelix112

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still itching to make some more progress here. I wired up an outside 110v circuit this weekend with some friends which was fun, so I'm feeling more confident I can finish the wiring on the welder circuit and then get a sparky to come look at it and sign off/tell me what to fix.

I finished wiring in the 220v outlet, and almost done with the GCFI 110v companion circuit:

IMAG1290.jpg

Then I just need to do the circuit box and good to go.

Dave

• 8 months later...

I sold the project.  But if you check the pics on the previous page, yes the engine (sans exhaust manifold) fit just fine.  I'm confident I could've made it work, I still have the engine, so maybe I'll pick up another S30 chassis and go from there. :)

Dave

I sold the project.  But if you check the pics on the previous page, yes the engine (sans exhaust manifold) fit just fine.  I'm confident I could've made it work, I still have the engine, so maybe I'll pick up another S30 chassis and go from there. :)

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave,

Do you have any idea if there is a difference in size of VK56 and VK45? and do these engines also need loads of parts off the donar car like VQ

Docaam,

I've never sat a VK45 next to a VK56, but I'd put money the latter has a higher block height, which I'd imagine would contribute to it's width.

I was planning on running a megasquirt ECU, so I'm unclear what donor parts you'd need.

Gatsby,

Sorry to disappoint. :(  The things I have left over are in the for sale thread http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/111846-vk56de-07-vct-8000mi-g37-6-speed-box-trans-adaptor-2x-hayabusa-throttle-bodies-2900/ but it's all sale pending.

Dave

• 6 months later...