HybridZ

Can anyone tell me whats on this?

gbabcock

I came across a l28et through a friend - a body shop near him pulled this out of 240z to replace it with a v8. The owner of the shop says everything about the engine is fine, as far as he can tell - he drove it before he removed it. Got my friend to take these pitures for me. Basically, my question is, I can see the intake/injectors look to be custom, but beyond that, I don't really know what else might have been done to this -looking at the pictures, does anyone have any ideas? He's asking 600 for it, plus 200 to ship. Right now I'm running a stock l26 with early SU and I'm fairly happy - but this seems like it might be a pretty good deal. Doesn't come with turbo, but he will include the 5 speed with it. Thanks all -

d963_12_thumb.jpg

ddd5_12_thumb.jpg

e04c_12_thumb.jpg

e485_12_thumb.jpg

he assures me that its a turbo, because the owner took the existing t3/t4 off of it for another project. My main worry is, like you said, compression - I really don't feel like under taking an entirely new engine rebuilt project, after having done my existing l26 about two years ago. But, throwing money and time to the wind - what's a Z for if not for making it faster?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest znow white

ofcourse its the turbo motor the valve cover says it all :P jk but you can see the turbo manifold looks like a mildly built engine i dont know what abuse it has taken but good chance to get compression and leakdown test most likely its goood these things are stout

also its got the oil adapter for oil cooler but its getting recirculated

for the price id try to get it 600 shipped buts thats just me

TO the original poster. I don't know if your getting scammed or what but that picture is actually of the motor that I put together in my car before I sold it.

Here is the link.

http://www.classiczcars.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1914&cat=1

:shifty:

The motor had a "spun bearing" and was taken out buy the guy who purchased the car for an SR20det. I know because I've seen the car since then. The motor was an 82 turbo block with the p90 head. The intake was shaved and the injectors are RC engineering 550cc. The fuel rail was custom as was pretty much allot of what was done to the car which is why its easy to recognize. If you read the ad this is the reason I sold that motor. I did not want to pay the big $ to fix it. I hope it gives you a little insite as to what it is your buying. I don't know if the person who bought the car is the same person selling it to you since he does not own a BODY shop or anything like that and he heard the noisy motor before. Just make sure you ask if it had a bad bearing knock. There is even a video on you tube since so many people were asking about it.