HybridZ

Fast and the Furious 4 casting call...

BurnoutZ

I almost had a similliar thing happen in my corolla. Had the suspension done the day before and the shop hadn't tightened the lug nuts evenly. Luckily I could feel something was wrong with the wheels (could feel it in the steering wheel) and I had enough warning to be able to pull over an inspect.

Good luck with your car mate. That is such a shame

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a bummer man. How are you going to fix that setup... it would need paint and a new fender or are you going to try and bend it back?

i already bent it back so i can fit the wheel back on. Im going to try and repair the panel cause i cant redo the whole front end again.

Sorry to hear about the damage, But most importantly no one got hurt so consider your self lucky.

The exact same thing happend to a friend of mine on a canyon drive and totaled his car smacking a gaurd rail and almost fell off a cliff.

I hope it's a lesson for everyone. If you run spacers/hub adapters, remove your wheels and inspect the lug nuts periodically!

A little locktite doesnt hurt either, just for peace of mind.

• 1 month later...

They have already began filming the movie...we have not gottn any calls about them using our cars so i dont know if aziza has gotten a call or not. I also Heard Vin diesle crashed a s2000 already ( www.modifiedpages.com) has the article. It is still possible that they will call for using our cars because they only gave us a couple days warning for the casting call!!!

Mike Garcia

B.customs

www.bertollis.com www.myspace.com/lbrtcustoms.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright. well its official. Tomorrow Mike (mike321go) and I will both be at the shoot tommrow with both of our z cars. We were called last week and just got some details tonight. Im not really allowed to say where it is but its in the LA area. OH and its confirmed on that whole Dominican republic scene thing.

Ever wonder why people wear the most ridiculous things on this movie series? turns out thats what they want. Instructions are to wear beach things (shorts, sandals, white Ts. Hawaiian t shirts, yes i said Hawaiian t shirts!!!). I wont be caught dead in a Hawaiian shirt so i got to think of something else (its being shot in the freezing cold btw, 5pm to 6am!!!).

We will be driving our cars and we both will also be in the movie. All I know is that they said our cars would not just be parked (thank god). Should be fun.

Oh and the car is still damaged. Im just gona show up. Looks better in the dark anyway.

IMG_1669.jpg

See that reflection in the front fender? Thats not a reflection, thats a fold in the metal.

Sweet, maybe youll get to race some riced out hondas with dragons on them. :)

I hope they have more faith in an ls1 powered z than that. I was thinking more, porsche, ferrari, or some sort of muscle car. :lol:

(the dent doesn't make it feel slower haha)