HybridZ

SuperGT inspired 240Z Design

Drftn280zxt

This is largely a response to a request ZR240 made regarding a Super GT esque kit for the 240Z he is building for race purposes. Here is the front view. I will be posting the rear view here in another day or two when I have it drawn.

superGT240z.jpg

Build me the kit, dammit, build me the kit.

Driftn280zxt,

Love the drawing! Keep it coming!

Maybe you could post it in the main drawings thread I had going a while back?

It was rumored that this car was AWD because of the dyno it is on...

monzamysteryz1.jpg

But if you look at the strut through the headlight hole and the centerline of the wheel it probably can't be AWD. stock strut?

Love the bodywork though. Brings some good ideas into play.

Thanks for the compliments guys, always a pleasure.

rbpowered280zit would look similar, but it several ways it is very different. ZR240- made clear he wanted to improve the aerodynamics and integrate the g-nose effect. Thus the front overhang is substantially larger, and has a huge splitter on the bottom. The "Monza Z" doesn't appear to have a splitter at all. Also following more recent aerodynamic trends by Nissan in their GT car, instead of having the widened front fender following the shoulder or hood line it you will, the fenders actual taper down towards the rear. Also the rear fender does not flow or extend into the door, instead it is a somewhat abrupt change in body geometry.Also the "Monza Z" has no canards to induce more down force, nor does it have vortex generators in the rear. You will see these once I complete the rear view.

Yes Yes yes :)

Thats what im after drftn280zxt

that looks pretty much spot on :)

anyways I am going to put a mild kit on just for testing and build the more gt style kit after I get the car running propertly

here are some pics of it in its current state

Ash

front shot_thumb.jpg

front2_thumb.jpg

rear shot_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear that you like it ZR240. Getting that kind of response tells me that I know how to meet the requirements of customer, design ways. This is kind of like practice for me. If I am going to designing cars for Nissan, or some other automaker, it is quite critical that I know what people are looking for.

Like I said I'll get rear posted up here very soon. Just trying to find the time to draw it. Now that I've got your attention, I'm sure you'll be on your toes waiting for the rear view. I'll tell you what, the idea I have cooked up in my mind will blow you away. If you do build this, you are going to have one really sick race car.

Yer alot of people didnt get what I was asking for but you got it spot on :)

Cannot wait to see the rear shot. I think with ruunning the car it will take a while for me to get the kit finished buthopfullly I will get the car track tested soon with the old ody kit on it and then start on the new one.

Thanks again

Ash

Driftn280zxt,

Love the drawing! Keep it coming!

Maybe you could post it in the main drawings thread I had going a while back?

It was rumored that this car was AWD because of the dyno it is on...

monzamysteryz1.jpg

But if you look at the strut through the headlight hole and the centerline of the wheel it probably can't be AWD. stock strut?

Love the bodywork though. Brings some good ideas into play.

Also its probably a japanese car because the steering wheel is on the right side.

rbpowered280z- thanks for making me have to clean off my keyboard. THAT THING IS SEXY!

glad i could do my civic duty.

when i first saw that, i found out there is NO info on that car, just 3 photos. i want my car to look similar to that, more lemans style though, like the new e96 m3 that just got made for lemans.

peace