HybridZ

Gear ratios and final drive

MazterDizazter

Hey all,

I am interested in swapping a manual Z32 transmission into my S30. I've tried searching for the gear ratios for the transmissions but haven't had much luck. I guess I'm trying to find the one with the tallest gears since I'm aiming for top speed (obviously the differential/final drive ratio will come into play here; I think I have an R200 in my car but I haven't cracked the pumpkin open to check. All I know is that the previous owner installed an LSD). Is there a list somewhere that shows the ratios of the different transmissions, between n/a and turbo, and if there were any differences between the years?

Z32 5-speed:

1st - 3.214

2nd - 1.925

3rd - 1.302

4th - 1.000

5th - .752

Twin Turbo R230 differential - 3.692:1

NA differential - 4.08:1

90-96 Q45 R200 - 3.538:1

For top speed another option would be the Nissan Armada R230 differential options (this R230 has even larger flange axles and axles compared to the 300ZX from what I've seen):

3.36:1

2.94:1

Excellent site for calculating gear ratios and such - http://www.geocities.com/z_design_studio/transmission_300zx_tt.html

• 7 months later...