HybridZ

just thought id show you guys my swap ;)

280zjoel

Hi guys, just though id share some pictures of my Z with the sr20det swap im doing. I have been working on this thing for about 2.5 years, ive had to learn how to balance school work and my Z. Well soon it will run(maybe.......errrr hopefully) i miss driving this car soooo much, Im so happy to see its gotten to this point. and soon ill have it on the road, well check out the pics and feel free to give me some tips if ya like because its my first swap and Im still learning what works and what doesn't. lol nice engine but shatty engine bay.(rattle can FTW) Thanks in advance for the tips

z4.jpg?t=1203042882z2.jpg?t=1203042915z1.jpg?t=1203042425

Nice, I like the v mount.

You have any pics of the front body work?? Curious to see what a Z looks like with a V mount intake and output...

Looking good, keep it up.

ill take a couple of pics tomorrow of the front end, i dont have and induction setup to get the air flowing to the intercooler yet, but ill post the pics any ways.

Impressive!! :2thumbs:

You would definitely win any contest for shortest IC pipe.:P

hahahaha, Im a little worried i might tear the throttle body hose if i put too much pressure on it, i think Im going to get one of the engine damper kits just to be on the safe side.

Awesome but that V moutn makes the intercool look a little non functional? :hs: Like the air would only go across one surface, and not actually through the ic?

thanks, well what im doing is blocking off the sides of the intercooler and radiator and cutting a vent in the hood so that the air flows through the front and hits the intercooler and radiator and i believe( i could be wrong) that when the vents are cut into the hood it will create a vacuum that will help suck the air through the intercooler. this link show the type of vent im going to try to make, but more suited and porportional for an s30 Z

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-Nissan-240SX-Carbon-Fiber-M-1-Sport-Hood-Body-Kit_W0QQitemZ200199804682QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200199804682

thanks, well what im doing is blocking off the sides of the intercooler and radiator and cutting a vent in the hood so that the air flows through the front and hits the intercooler and radiator and i believe( i could be wrong) that when the vents are cut into the hood it will create a vacuum that will help suck the air through the intercooler.

You are right - If placed correctly, the vent will be in a low pressure zone, and therefore allow a good stream of air to flow through your heat exchangers.