HybridZ

Mattyice 240Z - the modern Devil Z

Well since i sold my neon SRT-4 and i got a caliber SRT-4 for everday driving i wanted a project car to start on, i originally looked at 240SX's but they were too heavy for what i was looking for and everyone around here as a 240SX with an SR20 in it, one with an RB20 in it...I started looking around and i have always loved the looks of the 240Z so i stumbled on this site and i knew this is the car i wanted, after finding a good car to start with, i then decided on the plans, here they are...and knowing me they will change a lot haha, but im pretty content with what i have listed

-71 240Z with an RB25DET

Now that i have that settled here is my plan...

Drivetrain...

-R200 rear end from a Z31 Turbo with modified half shafts to fit the 240Z spindles

-modify the driveshaft to fit the Z31 rear end to the RB25 tranny

Handling...

-Coilovers with camber plates

-full poly bushing set

-front and rear strut bars

Power...

-BC Stroker Kit

-Borg Warner S366 Turbo

-Jun Cams, Springs, and Retainers

-Jun Cam Gears

-Custom Ported head

-Apex'i Power FC Engine Management

-GReddy Intake Manifold

-12x24x4 (3" in/out) Intercooler

-Summit Racing Aluminum radiator

-4" exhaust

-Complete fuel system with 15G fuel cell in the hatch

Exterior...

-carbon fiber fender flares

-carbon fiber front and rear bumpers

-nightshaded tail lights, front turn signals, and side markers

-carbon fiber hood

-carbon fiber spoiler

-front lip with brake ducts

-old school rims

-15% side and rear windows

-PPG matte black paint job

Interior...

-8 point roll cage

-2 Recaro Profi XL Seats

-new black carpet

-Custom center council with gauges and painless control center

Doing most of the work myself and actually the wiring will be going through a Painless Wiring switch panel with bush button start for ignition, will power to fuel pump, ignition power, radiator fan, headlights, and then interior lights

What do you guys think of the plan?

i know its not blue like the Devil Z but i have a thing for black cars and i dont want to do flat black so i opted to go with matte black, i figure with everything i have planned, my car will stick out a lot considering no one has a Z around here, let alone one thats modified or has an engine swap, so here are the pics so far with the interior ripped out and getting ready for some good ol' paint stripping to the metal

A little backround on the car, its been in a barn for the past 22 years and the motor cranks but doesnt start, i need to get good gas in the tank, and change all the fluids out of the car, and it will be ready to run, everything is original on the car so i know there are some good antique parts on it :mrgreen:

DSCN0112.jpg

DSCN0118.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg

DSCN0119.jpg

z1.jpg

z.jpg

• 8 years later...