Z-Gad

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello all, been a while since the last update..

The Techno Toy Tuning rear end setup is mounted, with the 2.94 geared Armada diff with the Z32 R230 LSD. New Arizona Zcar Z32 rear brakes, and 17x11 rear and 17x9.5 CCW's are mounted and ready to roll. The wider rear ZG are mounted and the fitment w/ the CCW's looks spot on.

Rick (Speeder) paid me a house call last week and wired in the Electromotive TEC3. I have installed a 4-bar MAP sensor with the TEC3 for 'higher' boost levels over the 3-bar sensor I ran with the TEC II.

All I have left to do prior to starting the street tuning/driving is the brakes STILL need to be bled. It is my absolute LEAST favorite thing to do. I just find it annoying...

Overall, I am happy with the latest round of upgrades, but the car hasn't been driven since December of last year!!

I'll spend a couple/few weeks getting the bugs worked out and driving it around before I slap some sticky rubber on it and see what it will do at the track. I am confident the I have eliminated further weak links, so I should be able to push it harder. I am also anxious to see how it will react to the 2.94 gears as opposed to the 3.36 gears I used to run.

I'll update this thread as more progress is made.

New photos are in my photo album in my signature.

Mike ;)

you guys need to rig up a automatic brake bleader!!!. First you need a vacum pump and you run a line to the top of quart glass jar with the lid sealed. THen you have 4 other long vacuum lines and you hook them up to the 4 nipples on the brakes. and you flip on the vacuum pump with the bleeders open and just make sure you keep the resivors full

Rick - I had issues getting the Ford EBP sensor to read correctly, but it appears that the 4-bar is doing it's job. I'll know for sure once I get to driving it around a bit. It is hard to tell from free reving....

JSM - The help I have... it is my own motivation ;)

Jeffer - Bought a Mighty Vac last week to do some other vacuum testing. Again, it's all on me. I'll have it done by the end of the weekend....

More to come...

Mike :-)

Jeffer - Bought a Mighty Vac last week to do some other vacuum testing. Again, it's all on me. I'll have it done by the end of the weekend....

Mighty Vac's are childs play. Im talking about an electric vacuum pump that you just plug in. lol. The first shop i worked at that had one of these it was actually an old embalming pump that was used to suck the blood out of cadavers. Kinda gross but you get over it once you find out how much time it saves you on doing brake fluid flushes.