HybridZ

long tube ls1 headers

i have been tossing around the idea of making some stainless steel longtube headers for the ls1 conversion since there isnt anyone out there who mass produces them. if there are enough people out there who are interested in the idea i can work on making a template for a custom set of long tubes. i havent tried doing it yet since there isnt a huge amount of room but i think i could weld a mock up set and see what yall think

If the price is right I would like a pair. Can you give us some idea how much? I think if you made several pair they will be bought.

Guest Gr8White
I would like a set of long tube headers.

I would like a $500 "barn find" 427 Cobra, I think I'm more likely to get my wish than you are....

• 3 months later...
Guest Gr8White

The market is certainly there.....Hopefully ground clearance won't be compromised too bad. If I'm going to throw sparks, I'd rather it be from a wheelstand and not a parking bump...:eek2:

One of my coworkers printed out a test done on longtube vs. short tube headers. Even though a ford motor was used, they claim that below 350 hp on a v-8, shorties were fine. But above 350 hp that the long tubes would definately help. All of us ls1 guys should be using long tubes. Specially if you have done any mods. But I know there is the cost factor. If you don`t have a header maker near by there is a company that will send you a mock up kit. You fit the headers up the way you want them , tighten up the bolts and ship them back. They use stainless steel. Just google custom stainless steel headers and it should pop up.

• 1 year later...