HybridZ

video of Chris's new 72 240z with tripple webbers.

big-phil

My Z had a triple SK carb/2.8/E88/5-speed(78)/4.11 setup when I bought it. All it needed was a rebuild really, too much blow-by, but I wanted to go turbo so I parted the drivetrain. I would've liked to keep that setup and have a second Z with a turbo engine but not enough space and too many cars. My Z hasn't ran for a couple of years now, too many things going on. House, kids, family, etc... I should've waited to part the drivetrain though, I miss driving my Z. Chris' new Z brings back memories. Nice find, looks pretty well setup with the seats, wheels, engine, flares...

Thanks for the video B.P.

I actually bought this car for my wife and gave it to her on Valentines day, it was pretty cool, she had a '78 when we were dating and gave it up for a Pathfinder when we started having kids a couple years later, she's pretty stoked about it.

It's a '72, with an L26 (?) that is a smoker! but I have almost all the pieces for a nice L28 build, thinking I'll use the 40 DCOEs that are on it now, an E-88 I have and a lumpy Isky cam, it also has the nice 6-1 equal length header on it now, which I'll get ceramic coated and use.

It needs a bunch of wiring work, almost nothing works and some of the engine and dash harnesses are really hacked. Mainly I bought it for the very nice body work and paint, it's pretty when it's clean! It actually drives pretty nice, even though the carbs are way out of tune.

oh, and the guy that had it bolted the Zg's on and didn't cut the fenders, and I'm pretty sure the front flares are on backwards, shesh... finding 245-50-15 performance tires for the 15x9 rear SSR wheels is proving to be an issue.

LaterZ!