HybridZ

Valve(?) from int. mani. to brake booster.

I just completed my S12+8 brake upgrade on my '73.

I got the new calipers, all hardware for them, new hard lines, new '79 master cylinder, new '79 brake booster, and some new rotors, which were the hardest things I've ever had to find.

Well, after I finished, I had to hook up the booster to the intake manifold. I wasn't paying attention to which way that valve thing was. (Don't know what it's called, much less what it's for.) It has one side that is sloped and the other is flat. Also it has an arrow pointing to one of the ends. It was mounted on the firewall.

I guess what I'm asking is, what is it, and how does it go in line from the manifold to the booster. How do I put it back?

Thanks,

SrA Brandon Wilson

It is a 1 way check valve.

Meaning that air will only flow thru it 1 way.{if it is operating correctly}

Since you need vaccuum to the booster the valve needs to be installed accordingly.

If you had the valve in your hand. I dare say it. Suck thru it. The side you can suck thru goes towards the engine and the side you can't goes toward the booster.

The valve is usefull on turbo builds too. Keeps boost psi out of the brake booster.

peace

tc.