HybridZ

Cometic head gasket

stony

I searched around and found alot of references to the HG that Cometic makes but found no real experience with them.

I need a HG and Cometic is alot cheaper then HKS or Tomei.

Anyone out there use one in there rb26 in HIGH HP application? Is it worth the cheaper price ir should i just stick with the Almost 400 dollar HKS version.

I searched around and found alot of references to the HG that Cometic makes but found no real experience with them.

I need a HG and Cometic is alot cheaper then HKS or Tomei.

Anyone out there use one in there rb26 in HIGH HP application? Is it worth the cheaper price ir should i just stick with the Almost 400 dollar HKS version.

Stony, I have a Friend (Chris Tuten)that uses the Cometic gaskets on his Mustang. He races the NMRA circuit in the Drag Radial class. This is a V-8 application,with High Boost. He has had Good sucess using them over the copper and o-ring method he used before. He told me he has reused the cometic HG several times, He sprays them with copper coat and installs them.Jerry

I know of some people running cometic gaskets, and with all this drama flying over the net about how they suck, I don't see why all the people i know had success with them.... it makes me think those others are sponsored and feel like giving a bad name to a previous product that worked is going to help them in any way.

Has Cometic made a Cometic Fuzion gasket for the RB26 yet? They have nitride (i think) filled rings that seal just like o-ring setups without the cost of machining and the negative effects of not being able to use a previously o-ringed deck in some cases if the head or the block go even the slightest out of alignment.

Man... that ebay seller really tries to break it off in you with those prices he charges. Everything he sells is sky hi.... :nono: