HybridZ

finally getting it started.

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my carbon fiber hood refurbished by a buddy of mine who happens to make some small parts for Tesla and i got some other wheels made to change things up a little bit. I have info for any So Cal residents that want any carbon refurbished. The wheels are the RBQ's from Rotiform and are 16x8 F+R and are staggered. I will be getting back into my Z now that my house is mostly organized and we aww settled after living here for 3 years....pure lazy.

post-3881-0-06902300-1451261369_thumb.jpg

post-3881-0-52666900-1451261395_thumb.jpg

post-3881-0-27592200-1451261425_thumb.jpg

post-3881-0-92556300-1451261448_thumb.jpg

post-3881-0-44401200-1451261476_thumb.jpg

post-3881-0-49765600-1451261501_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made a heat shield from a piece of a 1941 Hawker Hurricane that was shot down. My buddy has the wing hung up in his living room and gifted me with a huge piece of this beast to use for something cool. I need to add the rivets and make clean up the edges just a bit.

post-3881-0-28020400-1462235775_thumb.jpg

post-3881-0-62545400-1462235803_thumb.jpg

on the 240z,there is a factory mount for possibly some type of harness bar.it's on the dog leg behind the seats.three 10 mm threaded holes in a triangle shape.read about them on this site and found them on my car. 

on the 240z,there is a factory mount for possibly some type of harness bar.it's on the dog leg behind the seats.three 10 mm threaded holes in a triangle shape.read about them on this site and found them on my car.

You mean for a 4 or 5 point?

if you pull off the panel just behind the door and below the side window you will see the mounts.(mine is a 1970).to repeat,i don't know what they are really meant for.just read that someone thought it was to run a horizontal bar (harness bar) behind the seats.they appear to be the right height for 5 point belts.maybe someone out there could clarify this.

if you pull off the panel just behind the door and below the side window you will see the mounts.(mine is a 1970).to repeat,i don't know what they are really meant for.just read that someone thought it was to run a horizontal bar (harness bar) behind the seats.they appear to be the right height for 5 point belts.maybe someone out there could clarify this.

Those bars are pretty weak and usually cause more damage than it's worth if you wreck hard enough. Just get a roll bar from someone and you should be good to go.

The 3 bolt holes were there to allow the factory roll bar/cage to bolt in for homologation rules as far as I understood it. 

I'm not sure how you know the bar is weak as each piece is custom made as no one I know has made any available commercially.  You might be thinking of those cheap flexible bars people bolt to the upper seatbelt mount that they sell on Ebay for other cars.

Car looks good, hopefully you've addressed that harness mount.

• 2 months later...

Picked up a new aluminum radiator with dual 12'' fans and a shroud. I also installed new wind shield wiper pump and all new hose.  I installed the fans and they were loud as hell!! I actually wanted to pull them back off the car and reinstall the stock fan. after a quick inspection i realized that the fans were loud because one was loose on the fan motor and both fans vibrated on the shroud making it sound like an air conditioning system for a diesel truck. made a rubber gasket for each fan and slipped it between each fan and the shroud. it made everything pretty quiet under the hood.

for the windshield water pump I used Anco PN# 61-13 and it fit into the stock rubber mount with minimal modification. 

Got the horns working and took some time to make them look good again.

now I just need to install the LSD and start saving some cash for the motor that I am hiding from my wife.

post-3881-0-04099200-1467779727_thumb.jpg

post-3881-0-64101900-1467779742_thumb.jpg

post-3881-0-66161900-1467779856_thumb.jpg

I just installed the Arizona intake with the 390 carb too and absolutely love it.

Could you provide some details on your intake set up ? I would like to do the same as I just have round 9 inch breather on it now and it could use cooler air. Yours looks awesome and it looks like you figured out a system perfectly.

I'm glad I came across your thread !

I just installed the Arizona intake with the 390 carb too and absolutely love it.

Could you provide some details on your intake set up ? I would like to do the same as I just have round 9 inch breather on it now and it could use cooler air. Yours looks awesome and it looks like you figured out a system perfectly.

I'm glad I came across your thread !

I ordered the parts from Jegs. It is much cooler than just having my low profile plenum hung over the header. I kept the tube 4" all the way to the stock air vent hole and stepped it down to 3" to go through the stock hole. I only had to modify one part of the purchased bits to make it fit perfectly ( perfect in my crazy mind ) in my bay.

Thanks for checking it out. I'm changing a few things over the next few months.