HybridZ

Jmbranger Ebay Seller Warning

Challenger

Well yet another Z enthuasist has become a fraud. Won a bid for a 3 piece Datsun spoiler and he sends a Camaro spoiler, he will not resolve it.

:icon13::icon13::icon13::nono:DONT BUY FROM HIM!:nono::icon13::icon13::icon13:

This is just a warning, Im working on the resolution (getting money back) so I know who to contact to hopefully get this resolved.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was the same as pictured but the picture was pretty small and not the greatest quality. Thing is it was advertised as a Datsun 240,260,280 3 piece spoiler.

VegasNative- I think the other person your thinking of was me, I started a thread about 4 months ago to get some pictures/measurements of the Datsun spoiler to send to him.

I got the item on the 44th day, and paypals limit is 45.

FYI Paypal told me if you don't get the item within 2 weeks open a dispute at least if it arrives and all is well you can close it. In my case I got my product on the 44 day and didn't open it until the 46 day. I know the law of the land now.

Good Luck,

Yeah it was a hard lesson. I left on a trip right after I bought it and told him to go ahead and send it but he didnt send it till we got home. At this point my only option is to try to get this guy jousted from ebay, my money is gone. Hopefully if I keep bugging ebay theyll do something.

Considering myself lucky that in all my eBay deals there was only one seller that was more idiot than fraud. Pay Pal refunded the money. I had an ongoing eMail peeing match with him to gauge his lunacy. A bottomless pit. The sociopath did not know wrong from right and it was too late for him to learn. He seemed happy to be caught but showed no remorse and was making plans for the next sale. I blabber mouthed on Craig's List in his home town. The numerous blabbermouth ads finally got flagged but the message was out.After the first ad, the peeing match was over and the creep went totally silent. Sociopaths are a rare breed but eBay or Pay Pal has yet to devise a plan to stop these creepy predators. They thrive on the honesty of the other 99%.

Yes it was the same as pictured but the picture was pretty small and not the greatest quality. Thing is it was advertised as a Datsun 240,260,280 3 piece spoiler.

VegasNative- I think the other person your thinking of was me, I started a thread about 4 months ago to get some pictures/measurements of the Datsun spoiler to send to him.

Read the second paragraph, this is the same spoiler. I just wanted to make an official post/warning for him. I think Ill just stick with the Z, its plenty of work. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 1982zxt22

would be nice if you bothered to tell the whole story and not the selective parts to tarnish my hard won reputation of over 1000 z parts sales around the world in the last 15 years and over 500 on ebay with 3 complaints.

1-yours

2-your side kick here who somehow managed to leave me negative feedback on a $10 part he never paid for.

3- was a few years ago when a guy from ontario bought 15 or so parts from me that he picked up in person after driving from ontario.

got a NEW REBUILT DEALER engine and transmission , new body parts still with the stickers on them , new rare ansa exhaust and a few free caliper parts etc. i got a negative feedback when i wouldnot refund $25 that he paid for a complete steering column wheel, ignition lock. one key was broken inside and he had the 2nd key and said he or a locksmith could remove it later on when he got home.

we loaded the van together including the part that we tried to get the key out of for 5 minutes ourselves .

btw the gentleman was a pakistani and had never been further east than montreal and we have very few in our town.

one exception being my z friend who owns a local motel with drive up capabilities!!!!

i booked the room in advance for him with a great discount and the 3 of us had a few beers the evening before in the lounge.

the next morning he arrived at my home and we loaded the van up for his long drive back to ontario with his new drivetrain and many new and excellent used parts.

3 weeks later he leaves negative feedback on the $25 key part that was an ebay auction win. i assume he tried to get the key out himself rather than have a locksmith do it in a minute and ruined the tumblers or whatever.

i think the free rear calipers, the discount room rate i got for him with someone that spoke the SAME language and the 2 beers i bought him, and the detailed directions i provided plus tourists spots for his family was certainly more than the average ebay seller does for their buyers.

my reward.. a negative feedback on a $25 part he examined and picked up in person and had no problem with.

the joys of being an ebay seller

should have charged him for the free set of calipers and given him the wheel assembly free

jim

would be nice if you bothered to tell the whole story and not the selective parts to tarnish my hard won reputation of over 1000 z parts sales around the world in the last 15 years and over 500 on ebay with 3 complaints.

1-yours

2-your side kick here who somehow managed to leave me negative feedback on a $10 part he never paid for.

3- was a few years ago when a guy from ontario bought 15 or so parts from me that he picked up in person after driving from ontario.

got a NEW REBUILT DEALER engine and transmission , new body parts still with the stickers on them , new rare ansa exhaust and a few free caliper parts etc. i got a negative feedback when i wouldnot refund $25 that he paid for a complete steering column wheel, ignition lock. one key was broken inside and he had the 2nd key and said he or a locksmith could remove it later on when he got home.

we loaded the van together including the part that we tried to get the key out of for 5 minutes ourselves .

btw the gentleman was a pakistani and had never been further east than montreal and we have very few in our town.

one exception being my z friend who owns a local motel with drive up capabilities!!!!

i booked the room in advance for him with a great discount and the 3 of us had a few beers the evening before in the lounge.

the next morning he arrived at my home and we loaded the van up for his long drive back to ontario with his new drivetrain and many new and excellent used parts.

3 weeks later he leaves negative feedback on the $25 key part that was an ebay auction win. i assume he tried to get the key out himself rather than have a locksmith do it in a minute and ruined the tumblers or whatever.

i think the free rear calipers, the discount room rate i got for him with someone that spoke the SAME language and the 2 beers i bought him, and the detailed directions i provided plus tourists spots for his family was certainly more than the average ebay seller does for their buyers.

my reward.. a negative feedback on a $25 part he examined and picked up in person and had no problem with.

the joys of being an ebay seller

should have charged him for the free set of calipers and given him the wheel assembly free

jim

what does any of that nice little story have to do with selling Challenger a camaro spoiler as a Z spoiler and not resolving the issue?

Guest 1982zxt22

purchased a 3 piece spoiler that we removed from a early z parts car and cleaned it up and posted it for sale on ebay.

another one identical to it had sold a few weeks before.

derek won the auction with some aggressive bidding and paid for the spoiler and about $60 that was the ACTUAL cost i paid the shipper to send it to the west coast of the us from canada.

anyone who sells on ebay knows the fees and charges that ebay charges theire seller is not peanuts. listing fee, selling fees, paypal fee which is also on the shipping actual cost they receive and in my case the additional 2.5% $ conversion fee.

you are lucky to actually get 85% of the auction sale price in your pocket on sold items..less when you eat the fees on all the listings that didnt sell that week.

i had shipped derek the exact spoiler i got from the 240z donor car that was pictured in the auction. an identical one sold a few months ago again btw from another seller. think derek failed to mention that small point.

also failed to mentioned that i offered to try to resolve the situation with additional parts he needed or may need.

of course while trying to resolve this fairly, he had filed claims against me with ebay trust and safety and paypal which found in my favour.

dont want to sidetrack too much but anyone who has sold a fair bit on ebay will probably have horror stories of being screwed by a few ebay buyers.. bounced checks, fake wire transfers, wrong shipping addresses etc etc

MOST are from newbie ebay buyers..derek had a grand total of 2 lifetime transactions on ebay

...hey dude the spoiler you sent me doesnt fit my car..send me my money back.. of course that includes the hefty shipping charge that i paid on his behalf for the spoiler sent in good faith as are all my parts

jim

Hey dude do not give me that crap that i did not pay for your 10.00 part .I requested an invoice three times and you did not get back to me for over a week , i had aready purchased another afm by the time you came back with that lame story about id theft with no proof

• Administrators

Im closing this thread temporarily.

Jim,

98% of your posting is totally irrelevant. No one cares what it cost you to run a business out of ebay. Thats your risk and your decision.

Please PM me with answers to the following questions...

Was the spoiler you sold to Derek made for a Camero?

At the time, did you know it was not built for a Datsun?

Was it advertised as being built for a Camero? or modified to fit a Datsun?

Did you offer to refund Dereks money in a timely manner?

• Administrators

I gave Jim two opportunities to answer my questions. I got the same vague, useless information posted earlier in this thread, twice. His membership has been terminated.

My personal assessment is that his error was made in complete honesty. We all make mistakes. Where he is negligent is in his lack of willingness to correct the mistake. Telling Derek to sell the part to someone else does not qualify as acceptable business practice. Offering a refund would have been prudent.

I'm re-opening the thread. Keep it clean and civil or it gets tossed.