HybridZ

EFI Fuseable Link

I wiggled the temperature sender today, and i guess it is now fixed, after a few more days I will know, because I start it up and pull it out of my garage and into my driveway. i guess it was just some loose contacts. I was searching uesterday, and came across a thread that was saying wiggle all of your contacts, and plugs, because after a few years of just sitting, and doing nothin will end up corroding the contacts....

So for now the car runs great (knock on wood). I accidently dropped the clutch when it was in first gear after i fixed it, and left 2 tire marks in my driveway. Now all thats left is plates, insurance, and emissions, oh yeah and a job for me. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Show Zmaster !!!! well done sir. So now, my assumtion is that the connectors are crusty. I would bet they are all crusty. That makes a lot of sense, that if the car had sat up, no components had actually gone bad, but the connections had corroded. The one on the temp sensor is just like the ones on the injectors, so if it is beyond being cleaned up, new ends are readily available and can be spliced in. But go back, unplug the connector and look at it. If it shows signs of corrosion, srcub it with a little tooth brush or something, shoot some electrical contact cleaner in there. Because if it got crusty sitting up, it will work for a little while and then when you are far from home, with no tools....

thats a good idea, I didn't think of unplugging it, and cleaning the connecions. I also found some cheap insurance from crowel agency they quoted me $105 a month with a $114 down payment to start my insurance, so I am really happy.

I am also starting a list for custom plate ideas for my car. The license branch told me I would have to wait a year until i recieve the plate. which sucks, but well worth it. for now, i will just get a regular plate.