HybridZ

Project Datsun 810 has begun

S30TRBO

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe,

Glad to see you held onto the 810! Let me know if you need some wrenching help...I've been meaning to get up your way and check out the 240 for a while.

So any chance she'll be ready for showing at ye ol Burger King out my way? :flamedevi

-Ryan

Joe,

Glad to see you held onto the 810! Let me know if you need some wrenching help...I've been meaning to get up your way and check out the 240 for a while.

So any chance she'll be ready for showing at ye ol Burger King out my way? :flamedevi

-Ryan

PM sent :)

• 2 weeks later...

DSCF4256.jpg

DSCF4258.jpg

DSCF4259.jpg

DSCF4288.jpg

I don't know why there is tape on the driveshaft.

DSCF4265.jpg

DSCF4255.jpg

DSCF4252.jpg

DSCF4254.jpg

DSCF4251.jpg

DSCF4253.jpg

DSCF4261.jpg

DSCF4220.jpg

DSCF4218.jpg

DSCF4269.jpg

DSCF4270.jpg

DSCF4271.jpg

DSCF4272.jpg

DSCF4274.jpg

More Pictures:http://photobucket.com/79_Datsun_810

Edited by BRAAP

• 5 weeks later...

Congratulations.

Excellent project, it is not easy to find a nice 810 . I am following your work, not only because I like Datsuns a lot ( have a 610 and a 710 myself, owned a performance B210 and soon will purchase a 280ZX from an old lady ) , but I have been looking for an 810 ever since. I always wondered why I could not find any built ones.

It has a 6 in line powerfull motor, I like it. What suspension are you using for the front? I have a 610 that is in the final stages of suspension mods before hitting the road. I am using 280ZX strut assemblies which are similar to the 610 assemblies except for the heftier caliper and vented discs.

I am shortening the assemblies, so I need shorter struts to go in. Ground control coil overs with Eibach springs for the front.

Hope to see more pictures.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Congratulations.

Excellent project, it is not easy to find a nice 810 . I am following your work, not only because I like Datsuns a lot ( have a 610 and a 710 myself, owned a performance B210 and soon will purchase a 280ZX from an old lady ) , but I have been looking for an 810 ever since. I always wondered why I could not find any built ones.

It has a 6 in line powerfull motor, I like it. What suspension are you using for the front? I have a 610 that is in the final stages of suspension mods before hitting the road. I am using 280ZX strut assemblies which are similar to the 610 assemblies except for the heftier caliper and vented discs.

I am shortening the assemblies, so I need shorter struts to go in. Ground control coil overs with Eibach springs for the front.

Hope to see more pictures.

Thanks Jaime!

I cut a coil and have Koni's on the fronts. Bilstein and Quickor springs from a 280ZX for the rears. Post some pics of your Datsuns...

BTW here is a nice 4-door in Idaho Ebay Item number: 150257343813

• 1 month later...

After a fantastic recommendation by 1tuffz in conjunction with a vacation to visit family and see Niagara Falls...again I took an 8 hour road trip up to Lancaster New York to Classic Tube. Well a month later this is what I received back... New and old are in there.

IMGP0285.jpg

IMGP0286.jpg

I also found a plating place in my home town that took care of all my suspension bolts (260+ pieces) for $100 shipped! Can't beat that. :D

Front_SwayBar.jpg

Lower_Control_Arm_Bolts.jpg

Rear_Diff_Bracket.jpg

• 8 months later...

looks like they didnt media blast those parts or put them in a hopper... i would be replace any bolts that look questionable with newer hardware and ave the newer batch re-done, but keep using the ones that came out good.

For a couple years I owned Ernie's (RacerX) 810 and I even autocrossed it a few times.

810autox1.jpg

Hey John. Any photos of that 810 racer????

Would like to see it.

Thanks.

looks like they didnt media blast those parts or put them in a hopper... i would be replace any bolts that look questionable with newer hardware and ave the newer batch re-done, but keep using the ones that came out good.

Already done.

Thanks,

Hey John. Any photos of that 810 racer????

Would like to see it.

Thanks.

I remember that car. It was a red 4 dr., 77 or 78. He autocrossed it but I don't think John would call it a racer. Last I heard was that the kid that bought it gave it a 'pimp my ride' type of treatement (oversized clown wheels, etc.) and since then it just kind of disappeared from the scene. It's been about 3 years since I last saw that car. This is what it looked like before the wheels etc. were changed:

nfso4p.jpg

Thanks for the pix Yardbird.

That is most unfortunate, such a nice 810 with that potential and nice looks falling in the wrong hands can certainly end up with that clown wheel treatment that I abhorr myself.

Poor 810, those clown , or Barbie Doll look wheels as I call it, made it attractive to the wrong kind of crowd and God knows were it ended up!

If lucky, someone might see it and rescue it from ending up looking like Barbie Doll's car, enormous chromed wheels, corny paint colors and a boom box that makes the glass and trim fall off:icon45:

Jaime.____________________________________________________