HybridZ

z33 6speed to VH45?

I did a bit of searching but did'nt find a quick answer.My pal Dave just brought me a nearly new 6 speed out of a 07' Nismo 350Z.Its a ZF unit I think.I was talking to a Nissan tech buddy of mine who said the newer 6 speeds were much better than the earlier ones with the 3rd gear issues and that they had very few issues so far with the new ones.

I still have the VH45 sitting around.I saw a VH to 6speed adapter plate for sale over on the NICO forum,but I can't post over there.Whats it take to put these two pieces together? Clutch and flywheel bolt up to the vh45 I assume? Custom starter mount maybe? Feedback appreciated!Mtcookson...?

Guest Chrispy

The adaptor plates at NICO are for the 5 speed 300ZX gearbox, not the Z33 6 speeder. Apparantly you can use the Z33 flywheel and get it redrilled to suit the VH/Z32 crank. Still need to make an adaptor to get the box to bolt up, not to mention custom g'box mounts and tailshaft.

Possible, but a lot of mucking around :wink:

• 2 months later...
has anyone confirmed if the z32 and z33 flywheels have the same bolt pattern?

Not sure what bolt pattern you are refering to but I know the pressure plate is the same pattern. I have the Z33 pressure plate on my Z31 Fidanza flywheel. All 9 bolts fit properly.

If you look at the thread i posted above it says that the VG flywheel works but to use the Z33 6 speed you have to have a custom flywheel. It appears that Mazworx is going to be making the flywheel.

it says that the vg flywheel will work with the vh, which we already knew. it doesnt mention anything about the crank bolt pattern.