HybridZ

Dellorto DHLA40L set up - Spreadsheet

Hi Guys,

I've installed my tripple DHLA40L Carbs recently. The motor is an L28 and in need of a rebuild in the near future, perhaps 6 to 12 months away at this point so I don't want to blow a heap of money getting them professionally set up on a dyno until after the rebuild. In the mean time I thought I would get them running as well as I could. My L28 is stock with elec dizzy, headers and 2 1/4" pipe with a hot dog and turbo flow muffler. The engine idles ok atm however running extremely rich. I've been using the Des Hammill book "How to tune Webers & Dellortos". Anyhow I've attached a spread sheet I hope to build on as I fumble my way through the world of tripple carbs. Please advise me of your tripple set up and have a look at my info todate correcting anything that might sound off. I know there are alot of variables depending on engine set up and driving style when it comes to tuning tripples but I'm just trying to get to a start point and then keep fine tuning. I hope to keep some mid range power rather than have a car that has to be driven around at 5500rpm every time I go down the street.

Cheers,

Sulio

Tripple Carb Info Sheet.pdf

Hey Sulio, looks like you're using the Des Hammil book too... :) I haven't installed my carbs yet, so I can't give you any advice, but why don't you post this info on classiczcars.com? I think that most users here use triple Weber DCOE and Mikuni-Solex PHH instead of Dellorto DHLA, so it may be worth trying elswhere. I'm in an even worse situation, because I bought two sets of Solex C.40 ADDHE carbs, which almost noone knows how to tune (apart from BMW Alpina guys - some Alpina 02-series cars had these fitted). Maybe you should get yourself an Innovate LM-1 with a wideband and narrowband Lambda meter?

Tony

• 1 month later...
Maybe you should get yourself an Innovate LM-1 with a wideband and narrowband Lambda meter?

Yer, I was just going to install an LSM11 Bosch Lamda sensor and use a local kit I can buy for $60.00 that provides LED display for AFR.

I updated my spreadsheet just in case anyone was interetsed.

Cheers,

Sulio

Tripple Carb Info Sheet - updated 24 May 2008.pdf