HybridZ

Videos of the LS2 Z...

I have had minor issues with My Z, The clutch was not working properly due to a pin lock from the clutch pedal to the slave....After I fixed that I got a flat slick, I am now in Mexico so I have to wait for my parts a little longer than I used to...My tach never worked, I have solved all those 3 minor problems so I wanted to go out for a spin...I had a G-tech pro just for fun...I spun most first and part of second gear..so it reat a 4.08 0 to 60 and a 12.36 1/4 @ 119...I also suck at 1/4 racing you can hear how slow I shift....My brother got 3.5 60 and 11?? letting off to get tracktion....I now have like 13k miles on the swap and still cant wipe the smile off mi face...

I moved to Jalisco about 6 month ago, The Z turns heads everywhere it goes..Most poeple like the car,It's a very rare car here in Mexico so most ppl ask what is it.Datsun is a well known by their pick ups...

This is a great video. You can hear the car, see the xmas tree and the timing lights. It's better than I usually do.

BTW, I think your signature needs to be updated. The 409.56 hp. 391.11 torque is a little modest. To run 131.98mph in the 1/4 mile with your car equates to roughly 500rwhp. :D.

Thanks guy's,

I have the textralia clutch and its doing great.

I will not be at MSA this year, My brother might be there.

I have dynoed the Z and the most H.P. shown on a dyno was 415 rwhp..and under 400 torque...we could'nt believe the times matched the H.P. either plus it has a T56... I wonder how it would do with an automatic.

I never turned the music down so you can tell how loud the car gets....I will get video from outside soon!!!

Wow, that is nice. I really like the sound of that motor singing. I doubt I would ever want to listen to the stereo. The engine is all the music you need. Man that last quarter mile pass was awesome. Nice work.

Great car... What type of diff are you running? What car did it come out of and what gear ratio is it??? Im in process of doing the same swap and wanted to know how it is holding up. Thanks

Q45 VLSD R200,Mooser Axles from Ross,3.54 gear.you need a couple other things.

you can look it up in the drivetrain section.

How did you fix the tach?

Mike

Hey Mike,

Well I had one of our friends check it out and he ordered an msd unit, it didnt work cause it was for old chevys...Ulises orderes one for the ls engine and it didnt work either, it was used though...some electric guy from my home town got signal from all coils and used the msd unit, I dont know what its called....ask Ulises he was there when the guy was working on it...I have not checked the wiring....When are you coming down to visit.

You and my brother have a Baby race going on or what???

Take care!