HybridZ

Wow what an impressive spoiler

BurnoutZ

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm, i've been called tactless in the past, so i'll try to put this nicely. you can do all the best things to that car, but as soon as you slap that wing on it, it's just no good. kinda like when you mix 2,000 lbs. of ice cream with 1 lb. of poop. you're really just left with 2,001 lbs. of poop. meh, what do i know? i vote for the removal of the wing. :icon13:

hmmmm, i've been called tactless in the past, so i'll try to put this nicely. you can do all the best things to that car, but as soon as you slap that wing on it, it's just no good. kinda like when you mix 2,000 lbs. of ice cream with 1 lb. of poop. you're really just left with 2,001 lbs. of poop. meh, what do i know? i vote for the removal of the wing. :icon13:

If its mixed well you wouldnt notice it. :)

Thanks for posting the pic...at one time I actually considered a wing like that and wondered what it would look like. I have seen one or two wings I liked on a first gen Z, but IMHO that isn't one of them. They're cheap, I think on ebay about $50, but don't suit the car.

Yeh the shorter wings of that type dont look to bad. It's just that guy who owns the car in the first pic... it looks like he took a hammer and nails and tacted up a really high ugly pos in hopes of adding alot of downforce. Maybe it does add alot of downforce... but at what cost? Haha. I couldnt believe it when i first saw the picture... somebody would ruin a z that much. In my opinion... wouldnt a whaletail handle better than that aluminum "touring wing" type spoiler? On drag racing cars they usually have an aluminum spoiler that sits straight off the back.

I'm not a scientist, but I think that for most people the Z's aerodynamic deficiencies can't be noticed until higher speeds. Even then, I've only noticed the front end on mine dancing a little at 100+, but I put an a30 year old aftermarket front lip I got in a bulk parts buy from some local old-timer, and it seemed to get rid of my problem. IMHO I think a wingless S30 with a nice front lip/valance looks ten times better than the winged wonder in your pic.hell, I'd pick the front lip over a BRE 3 piece spoiler......if I just HAD to pick. plus, most of the vented front fascias for S30 can be easily fitted with functional brake cooling ducts that are easily hidden. scales tip towards the lip in both form an function.

Indeed. From Urban Dictionary:

bling The word "bling" refers to any unnecessary accumulation of metal or jewellery which impresses the simple-minded. Examples of bling-related activity include: driving a car with shiny platinum rims, arriving at a movie premiere in a hat made of glittering diamonds, or pointing at a big block of gold and cooing away for hours on end like an unforgivable moron whose mere existence ultimately cheapens us all. Bling is the single most shallow, boring and wilfully superficial cultural phenomenon ever to excite humankind, which is saying something for a species already hooked on internet poker.

In recent months, collective guilt over the planet's future and the disparity of global wealth have exerted a cooling effect on bling's popularity, although genuine justice will never be achieved until everyone responsible for promoting, propagating, passively approving of, or even being ironically amused by any and all aspects of bling culture has been hunted down and jailed for a minimum of 37 years in a maximum security prison with no carpets, hot water or bog roll.

See that blinging car over there, the one with the spinning rims? I bet the driver is a tosser.