HybridZ

Haltech Users-Map request

wecvusmc

Would anyone using Haltech be willing to send me a base map to get me started with getting my Z-Car running? Here are my specs: 83 Turbo Engine with NA Cam, E11v2, 550CC Injectors, Stock Turbo dumb Ignitor and Coil, Intercooler, Garrett GT30R Turbo, Stock 83 280zxT Distributor.

My 76 Turbo swap is almost ready to start and a map would be greatly Appreciated!

William

yep had it for a while ;) i ran it on the l28 and now its running the rb. There are very few ppl running them on rb engines specially here so its sad to say but i prolly know the most about the e6k with an rb here. I dont know much about the e11 but i am sure it's pretty much the same thing just newer with more options. I tried iming u a bunch of times....... you never reply ;)

I wouldn't use anyone else's map, Most of the time it wont even get you close. All you need to do is verify timing (timing lite) and make sure the injectors are off while you are doing this. After you are sure timing is correct, cut the fuel to 0 and slowly work your way up until it fires. This will save you allot of time and frustration.

hope this helps

• 10 months later...
Guest alyssa

Guys, I'm at a total loss here with a really stupid issue! I'll try to keep this short without reciting the haltech manual, trouble shooting guide, haltech forum, etc. BUT, I've searched top to bottom and cant solve my issue:

When going ONline I can only get my F10x to connect 99%. According to Haltech this issue is directly related to using a serial to usb connector or any faulty connection method. Regardless, if I use my serial/usb or serial/serial connector I can only load 99% and then get prompted for a password. I've tried loading a handful of different maps, different com port settings, etc. I even created a map from scratch specifying NULL PASSWORD but I still get prompted.

I'm really at a loss here. I bought this F10x slightly used and the previous owner swears there was never a password protected map of any kind on it...I'm running a Windows XP machine with all of the latest usb and or com port drivers. Also, I'm running Halwin v 1.26 and have tried my old v1.2...same result.

The latest thing I've tried is a Keyspan usb to serial adaptor. This was suggested by Haltech support. F$%k!ng did nothing! I'm pulling my hair out because I still get to 99% complete when connecting the F10x to my XP Laptop. Every thing is in sync with my com ports, etc. It just keeps asking for a password and goes into data only mode after 99% complete connecting.

I really need to tune my car this weekend; any suggestions!? Please help, its very much appreciated.

You may have to get a serial card and not use a adaptor. Its sometimes cheaper to buy an old laptop from a used electronics supply that has one on it (or borrow one). If the guys at Haltech have recommendation it usally means that 100s of people have call in with the same issue and that fixed it. Let us know how it works out

• 2 months later...
Guest redkeg_1

Dose anyone out there have any kind of maps for the old F9 fuel controller? I have got it running the L28e or should i say did have it running. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Also looking for a PS2000 base map for a L28ET engine.

A map and info on the setup of the engine it is programed against will give some valuable info

on understanding how the mapping process works.

The most important info is: fuel pressure (idle), injector size, engine volume etc.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

if you are useing a sport 1000 or 2000 you can use the quick tune function to aid you in getting a base map

make sure you have your set up in the computer correct

you must have a wideband installed

you will also have to set you afr map

set your base timing to what ever you want 10 degrees or 15 degrees

free rev your engine up every 500 rpm and use the Q key for that one cell of the W key for that cell the one above it and the two to the right.

by the time you get up to approx 3000 rpm you can take your ms values and linierize them to the right a couple more cells.......you should be able to drive the car at low speeds to use those keys to get air fuel corrected.

after you get air fuels you can tune for timing..........i do not recommend just guessing at this.....find a shop with a load bearing dyno to do this for you .....it is very easy to set up the top end for boost/fuel/timing

it is a whole other thing to set the drivability where you get both power and fuel economy

• 7 months later...

Thread bump!

Does anyone have a E6X L28ET base map that I could perhaps have a copy of?

My engine is a L28ET, 440cc GTR injectors, GT3271R, waste spark ignition.

The big thing is the fuel maps, im pretty much ok to change any other settings to suit what I have, but im having a bit of trouble getting my head around the fuel side of things.

I dont need it to run perfectly, its going to go to a workshop for a full tune. Unfortunately for my wallet, if it doesnt start/run/rough idle it'll cost me more for them to tune it as they have to spend longer on it initially.

If anyone can help, MASSIVE thanks.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this, Im to that point and would love to just look over someone else's setup to compare to where I am.  Especially interested in anyone's maps that is using one of the platinum series ecus.

If anyone would be willing to send me their maps, I would be forever appreciative! 

rmcdon at gmail dot com

Thanks!!

Edited by ryan95i4

• 1 month later...