HybridZ

K-Jaks 280z rebuild in progress

Alright guys well i picked up a 280z about 2-3 weeks ago and currently im stipping it, here are some pics of the car wen i got it

back.jpg

dside.jpg

now the process it is in

DSCF1777.jpg

DSCF1768.jpg

the engine is stripped and ready to be pulled out but im having problems with the transmission, both bolts to drain the fluid are striped and i can;t get to the last bolt on the drive shaft so hopefully that will get done today.

Unfortunetly theres alot of things i wish i never saw, plenty of rust and weldin to do, well thats for later

alright well last night things got done, but unfotunetly it took alot longer then i hoped,

DSCF1780.jpg

ahh the peaceful work station

DSCF1782.jpg

houston we have lift off! getting it to this point was a real PITA but i gotta say when that things it up 5 feet in the air u really feel a sence of accomplishment

DSCF1785.jpg

out and gone

DSCF1790.jpg

thats how the night ended, now later today i have to strip out the other side and take all the parts to be stored away, so that will give me some extra work room, after that it's time to start sand blasting and cutting out the rust and the worst part isdeffiinetlythe floor boards and frame rails,surprisingly no where else really, and the battery tray is perfect!

• 1 year later...

little over a year later, the car is finally in the shop to be sandblasted, took it to Ace sand blasting in Chicago, great guys to work with and definitely not a place that will break your wallet to get a WHOLE car sandblasted, i wish i took pictures of the 280 in a U Haul truck, will have pictures when the cars on its way back, Also got the engine coming in, can you say VQ37dett? i know everyone likes the old skyline motors, but i feel this 280 wants a little new gtr in it .