HybridZ

77 280z restoration project

shift00

well i had a similar problem with mine i unplugged them to clean the filter tightened them back in; didnt work so i took it back out opened it up to see how it worked< fiddled with the internals a bit closed it then i tested it with battery then put it in one last time and it worked like fawkin magic.. maybe try cleaning the leads and make sure theyre tightened securely? or if you have a spare pump try that out.. im no expert but its just advice

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I took the outer shell of the fuel injection relay off and pluged back in to the wiring. The weird thing is I touch the copper plate on the relay grounding it and low and behold the fuel pump turns on? SO, I went and ordered the new relay and it doesn't work? I have the EFI bible, but not that great at understanding electrical, What might be the problem? Also, how can I just rewire the fuel pump to at seperate switch running from the battery? Thanks, Joe.

• 2 months later...

Nice build man, your work looks great; and keep in mind everyone has different taste when it comes to their personal cars, so doing what suites you is always best. Thats the beauty of it though how lame would it be if everyone modded each car exactly the same, there'd be no diversity.

Just found your thread and I can't believe your wheel choice. This is the exact wheel choice I want for my Z I've searched google and the wheel thread but never thought to search this forum. My dad has worked for cooper tires for over 30 years and I can remember raving about the cobras when they first came out. I'm with you I dig the old school muscle look of the cragars and the cobra with white lettering just set them off. I saw a set on an old vw beetle once and they looked great. Great choice and if you decide to go a different direction I'll buy the wheels/tires off ya. Rest of the build is great too.

Will do, and I'm sure you're right. I've heard it's hard to get anything up there but frostbite. I considered doing some travel nursing in some remote areas but decided against(or the wife decided against). With that said what size are your cragars 14x8?

Edited by emeraldlion

• 3 weeks later...

That custom hood is looking good. Sorry no input on the filler. I know most of the threads I've read just include lead solder. I've never done this but it sure looks cool from watching some you tube videos. I've only been practicing with scrap body panels but I'm using a .028 non-flux gas shielded mig with what I'm assuming is the stock 20/22 guage metal. working pretty good so far.

Your car is turning out great! I really like the tail panel, looks good! I noticed you went with a 5 lug setup and that you are running toyota front calipers. I plan on doing the same and I'm at the stage where I need to get the brakes on. What hubs are you running up front? I see that you used the rear hub re drilled in the rear which I also plan on doing. I'm assuming your front hubs are from the z31? If so, what year are they from and what rotors are you using? THANKS and your car looks awesome, keep us posted!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...