HybridZ

280Z Rat rod

Prowl

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what kind I did not buy them but they are 14s with fake bead lock they came out looking pretty good with the color of the car I think.

That's not a fake bead lock, it's a fake multipiece wheel.

A bead lock is a seperate piece of metal that is bolted to the outside of the lip to keep the tire from coming off the bead. Multipiece wheels are just that, wheels made up of 2 to 3 different parts (center, + 1 or 2 piece barrel), that is where the bolts come in to play.

Here is mine in flat black, not sure if it qualifies as a rat rod though.

pic9.jpg

say it once, say it again a rat rod to me isn't decided on how nice the paint is, or pretty the car is, in fact it just a word so ratty rods had there own class but you get "down to brass" so to speak a rat rod is a hot rod now matter how shitty it looks. Rat rod means, rust and fading paint primer or fiber glass that is visible... To me your car is bad A*$ hot rod.... and if the original poster is around would really think about making this a hot rod/ rat rod area...because there is some confusion, but we get along and have different looks..

but one thing I like about the z cars, is it can be any class of car.

Muscle *** i say this for those that go for the raised white letters and rumbling American motor in there car... But this could also be dragster style but to me Muscle is Dragster no matter how close to a classic it gets.

Classic or Classy ** a action block lookstyle, meaning original parts, type of paint...etc (wire wheel hub caps) with power antenna. eg: Fully stock LincolnCadillac with nice interior.

Tuner ( we all know this look for sure :)!! body kit custom fiber glass with rounded and cool looking air dam, tuner wheels, fart can and spoiler, and jap motor. *no effence* I do like the look of an RB26 in a Z it just seem fitting to have that motor in there nicest looking car *no effence to the gtr guys either another legendary car*

Sports Car ** looks fast, sounds fast, like an old porche or going for the GT6 or TR6 look, what datsunnissan brought it to fight and race against.

Hot rod ** follows the life style of a hot rod, and usually does not have original motor. and nice looking paint.

Rat rod similar to hot rod but doesn't have nice paint body job...

... to me these are descriptions of what z's can be and I like all of the style that this car can be. Thats why I like so much.. and am having a hard time desiding what I want to do. If you had to ask, I would like to combinded the hot rod look because of the lifestyle and people i hangout with. and tuner performance.. either with an RB26 or with the stock block to show people out there that you don't have to dropin a different motor to get a decent fast car i'm not saying to make an L28 run as good as a gtr or V8 but somthing respectiable in the 10 to mid 9 and or lower in the 1/4 mile if possible. I think i will require some one off/ custom parts to do this

• 6 months later...