HybridZ

Comment at a stop light...hope it wasn't anyone here...

capt_furious

I just drove back from the shop where I had the Z tuned and squared away after my swap (Petaluma Auto Works, Jason and Bernard are great guys). I was at a light merrily rumbling away with my nice even idle and new exhaust...

...an Explorer pulls up alongside in the left lane, a little ahead of me, 3 people inside, windows down. The front seat passenger makes a point of turning around and making eye contact, and says with a scowl on his face, 'My Z will SMOKE yours!'

...what the heck?

I was unusually quick-witted in this case(I can't think of good insults on the fly), and shot back, 'Yeah, and you're not driving it, are you!?'

Seriously, what's so difficult about saying 'Nice car!', instead of hurling an insult you can't back up?

I don't get it. What makes people this mean?

On the flip side, I spotted an orange 510 wagon last night and traded thumbs up with the driver as he was parking. We were both wearing huge grins. Why can't more people be like this?

I had a guy make a comment about my z a few months ago. He was in a z28 or some similar car and said "wanna race" and i was like na my differential is acting up. Which it was. and then he sad "it wouldnt of been a race anyway". and that just pissed me off kinda but i smiled and said. and said how do you know that and he replied with the answer that made my night it was. "I KNOW how much POWER those came with" i started laughing and so did my friend that was with me and we walked into the pool haul laughing and us both knowing i could of beat him..

Here is a joke for you guys. Keep in mind its just a joke and dont take offense. And i cant take credit for it. Rick told it to me.

What is the difference between a porcupine and a corvette?

The corvette has the prick on the inside!!!!!!! lol just a joke dont get pissy

I was driving home one night and i saw this mustang saleen gt with "I EAT RICE" on his rear windshield. When i pulled up next to him at the light he was like nice "ricer".

Obviously Z people hate that. Especially when my S130 looks stock!

Well anywho he revvs his engine with a smile. So i revv mine, the turbo spools, the blow off valve whistles...

And the smirk on his face just fades away....

He rolles up his window and that was the end of that.

He probably would have smoked me.....THEN. But its the principle of the matter you know!

I was driving home one night and i saw this mustang saleen gt with "I EAT RICE" on his rear windshield. When i pulled up next to him at the light he was like nice "ricer".

Obviously Z people hate that. Especially when my S130 looks stock!

Well anywho he revvs his engine with a smile. So i revv mine, the turbo spools, the blow off valve whistles...

And the smirk on his face just fades away....

He rolles up his window and that was the end of that.

He probably would have smoked me.....THEN. But its the principle of the matter you know!

Made me laugh :D