HybridZ

This is a sad time for me

ZDrifter

I have had a lot of good support on this subject. Basically, I am the kind of person that if I dont feel like im progressing then I feel worthless....Thats my downfall. I have decided if it sells it sells, if not...then I will keep it, drive it how it is and wait till I am making more and can afford to build it. Ofcourse I am only 19.... Thanks for the support guys. With the payment I have on my truck and with the cost of diesel I can probably afford a WRX to replace it and still have a fun DD that will get me through bad weather and be realiable.

Your Z looks good, it's too bad you have to get rid of it.

I do have an Evo. I did not understand what money pit means with an Evo after owning one for 1 year. Then I start to mod it, failures happened (not sure it was because of mods), clutch has required some changes, etc...

It's a budget of $2500 for a Tcase + $1300 for a clutch + services + gas (average 16 MPG) + tires every 15000 miles, etc...

BUT IT'S AN AWESOME CAR!!! (I would buy it again, no problem)

Ummm... Sorry but I'm confused.

Sell a faster car because you don't have the time and money to do to it what you want, so you'll buy a MORE expensive car that requires MORE money to modify...

I love the EVO and WRX, but they're both money pits even more so than your Z.

Why not sell other projects and then buy a more practical daily driver? Do you need something with AWD? A stock WRX or even impreza might be more suited to rough roads than a STI or Evo, as both of those are pretty much setup for street roads from factory. They'll handle snow, but not rough dirt road, at least, not like their softer cousins. I've often considered a subie wagon because though ugly they're a sporty car that can hold plenty of music equipment. Though a more practical solution for me would be a car like a focus.

I guess it's just two different paths that probably cost about the same. Have a car that's good at everything? Or have two cars that are much better at what they do, and cost less per car. But then you have to have space for two, insurance for two, etc.

Ummm... Sorry but I'm confused.

Sell a faster car because you don't have the time and money to do to it what you want, so you'll buy a MORE expensive car that requires MORE money to modify...

I love the EVO and WRX, but they're both money pits even more so than your Z.

Why not sell other projects and then buy a more practical daily driver? Do you need something with AWD? A stock WRX or even impreza might be more suited to rough roads than a STI or Evo, as both of those are pretty much setup for street roads from factory. They'll handle snow, but not rough dirt road, at least, not like their softer cousins. I've often considered a subie wagon because though ugly they're a sporty car that can hold plenty of music equipment. Though a more practical solution for me would be a car like a focus.

I guess it's just two different paths that probably cost about the same. Have a car that's good at everything? Or have two cars that are much better at what they do, and cost less per car. But then you have to have space for two, insurance for two, etc.

all EVO IX's has an adjustable center diff that can switch betwen tarmac, snow, and graval...i would say it can handle snow and dirt :burnout:

They can handle it yes... have you ridden in these cars off road? I have. It's not a fun experience. On the flip side the soft suspension of a stock WRX is very nice off road and won't break your back.

Just because both of these cars can be "set" to run on dirt doesn't mean it's a great idea. Have you checked the ground clearence on these cars? On a rough road (like a logging road in oregon) you'll be scrapping the bottom constantly.

I'm just saying if I was driving off road and I wasn't going to be modifying the vehicle I'd take a stock WRX over a STI or EVO.

yeah diesel prices are through the roof man, i would recommend getting rid of that truck and keeping the Z the way it is for now and look at something like a used WRX, the new ones are having massive amounts of problems and almost every WRX from built from mid january till now was recalled from what i heard because they all had faulty piston rings...i would stay away from this WRX model for awhile until all the bugs are worked out