HybridZ

I'm so pissed! the whole side of the Z has been keyed

Lazeum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that sucks. Many years ago, I did a car show for the local high-end mall. Some woman let her kid loose and the little brat climbed on the hood of a Porsche Speedster replica that we had just painted before I could catch him. She then had the gall to say that it was my fault for not having the car roped off better. The car had a stainless steel rail around it! Long story short, her husband had better sense and took care of my cost for me to repaint the hood. Sometimes it is the parents fault for not raising respecting children. Sometimes it is just stupid kids! Glad I don't have any.

"Lance: Still got your Malibu?

Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some ♥♥♥♥♥♥ did the other day?

Lance: What?

Vincent: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ keyed it.

Lance: Oh, man, that's fucked up.

Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of ♥♥♥♥ fucked with it.

Lance: They should be ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ******* doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

Lance: What a ♥♥♥♥♥♥!

Vincent: What's more chickenshit than ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ with a man's automobile? I mean, don't ♥♥♥♥ with another man's vehicle.

Lance: You don't do it.

Vincent: It's just against the rules. "

-Pulp Fiction

This is exactly the reason I park my car right in view of my bedroom window, I own a shotgun, and I load it with hollow point slugs.

I cant stand it when people do ♥♥♥♥ like that.

I'll admit to pulling my fair share of pranks, but nothing that would actually DAMAGE anything.

Sorry bastards..... I fell sorry for you man, good luck on getting it fixed, hopefully your insurance will take care of it for you.

There's nothing I can do besides fixing it. The insurance is very cool, the collision shop is supposed to be one of the best in the Detroit area.

For your info, I was at a restaurant having diner, the car was 20 yds away in the downtown (with people walking everywhere).

Like you all, I wish I could have seen the ****** who did that. I would have been in trouble by now for what I would have been able to do to him.

The smart thing would have been to follow the guy, call the police, track him down and let the police do its job.

What pisses me off today is that this guy is still walking around with the feeling that he messed up without being punished. He will do it AGAIN on other cars and probably laugh :(

A couple of things about repairing and refinishing your car. If you refinished your car in a Basecoat/Clearcoat, make sure all the trim is removed from the panels needing refinishing. Failure to do this will result in peeling around the trim. If the quarter panel was also scratched, you should band the rear clip. Urethane clear should not be blended. You need at least 3 to 4 mils of clear for proper UV protection. As the clear film tapers you lose the UV protection. The clear will fail at the tapered edge. The new clear needs to be brought to a panel edge, which doesnt exist on the rear clip of a Z. Many times the blended edge will be evident even before the car is delivered. This banding process is part of the recommended refinishing guidelines set by many of the paint companies as well as the auto manufacturers. The price you have been quoted may be ok if the damage is confined to the fender and door but if the quarter is involved, You could easily double the cost.

Larry

www.wgmauto.com

Thanks for your comments, this is good info :)

I've checked the quote, they are going to remove all the parts and trims from the damaged panels. I guess they are doing it the right way then.

I do trust this shop which was recommended by a friend who used to work for collision shop. Time will tell if hewas right :wink:

I guess the good point is this is giving work to do to people in Detroit :lol:

i have never had one of my customers complain about them having clear edges on the sail panel on the quarters. if your having this problem your not using the right technique or your not using a blending solvent with urethane clear. urethane is the newest and best paint product i have ever used and i would recommend it to anyone over all the others.

lol yea i agree there. a nice paint job does not have to cost thousands of dollars to look nice. ive done some inexpensive paint jobs that turned out looking good, not show quality mind you. the paint only looks as good as the body work and how it is sanded. the paint its self is just there to look good so whats under it has to be perfect for it to be nice in the end.

I am truly sorry to hear about the incident. This hits home as I have unfortunate situations like this happen to me through the years, as recent as last week.

I am happy that insurance is taking care of you and the car will come back looking fantastic.

Be careful where you park, society today is full of jealous, non-caring, ignorant slime (understatement).

Regards - Yasin

Regarding my paint, I think it looks very nice but it was not done the way it should have on my car anyway.

The prep work was not done right, the paint is peeling near the hinges on doors. Fortunately for me, it's inside so nobody can see it.

When I tightened some bolts for the front strut, the paint has cracked. As a result, there's no more paint along the strut bolts. The paint looks pretty thick and very brittle.

I was going to redo the paint within 3-4 years... ;)

if i lived closer to you i would be more than happy to help you with your paint job, and i will do the same for anyone on here. i sell sherwin automotive paint for a living and if anyone needs info or a color code please let me know or send me a message. just give me some time to get it.

i never got why some people feel the need to vandalize others' car's. When i was like fifteen i bought this van from my grandfather and parked it at my house. the first night it was there someone slashed all the tires! so we replaced them and the very night we got the new ones on they slashed them again!! and i'm pissed as all hell by now. so we put new tires on again and waited all night for three nights and no one ever came. the first night we don't wait they get slashed. so we just left them flat since it wasn't being driven anytime soon. i couldn't believe anyone could do that.