HybridZ

L6 Turbo Header Group Buy

JSM

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John - Those are my pictures taken in my patio you have posted there. That Header is made by Greddy Trust and it does actually fit a S30 car, it will NOT fit an S130 car. I still have that turbo header in my garage and bought it quite some time ago.

I am unsure what I will be doing with it, at one point I was going to chop it up and make it fit my 280ZX, but then I had the SFP unit, so I am currently using that, seems to be OK so far.

Yasin

Dont modify it! Send it to SSAC!!

• 1 month later...
Update: SSAC just responded. They have officially declined my offer to modify my turbo header for use as a template. My involvement with this project has also come to a close. I did my best to help the group and to ultimately help myself but it's all been for not. I will modify the header I purchased to perfectly fit my car but I'm not sure when or at what cost. I wish you all luck on getting this group buy up and going again.

John, your the best. I sincerely appreciate the effort and sacrifice. Best of luck with your build.

Anyone made some progress?

I believe that the effort to get a decent quality L-6 Turbo Header group buy, has being put on hold until further notice, or until a reputable fabricator is brave enough :mrgreen: to jump on the built.

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Even Better since there is some squeezing room down there. A Twin Turbo Manifold would be excellenate!! Cause I mean 300zxt turbos are easy to find up here in Canada with the winters everyone crashes em driving like idiots =-) . I mean if we are going to update these things lets make a few Twins to =-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What do you guys think about a knockoff of the EURO exhaust manifold casted in 316L?

I have a manifold I have been working on for my car. I had the manifold welded in the areas that I needed to remove material to get the flow better. So I have finished up the manifold, it is ported well, and should have no problem supporting at least 650Hp. The second header you don't pictured is on my car. I bought that boat anchor from South Flordia Performance.

I could not keep it flat and have reworked it three times. I ended up sectioning the manifold in three pieces very similar to the EURO manifold. The unit works good now, but I want to run the Nissan part, as it is a bigger tube header then the SFP part I bought.

So if oyu think a good casting of a fully ported EURO header is good then let me know. I was waiting to show the part to TonyD and make sure it can be copied in its ported shape, so if it is casted there will be no work to do on the part other then attaching an external waste gate if needed.

FYI... rule 17.

17. Regarding Group Buys: A Group Buy is a purchase of an EXISTING product by a number of people with the intent of reducing the per unit price by combining their purchasing power. We support those kinds of transactions and the Rota wheel buy is one example of it going well, even though there were a few bumps along the way. What we will not support is Externally Funded Product Development. That's where a number of people pool their money and fund the development and production of a NON-EXISTENT or HIGHLY MODIFIED item by a third person with the intent of receiving those items after the development and production cycle is completed. These kinds of posts will be deleted.

• 4 weeks later...

Both of the above headers are sold. My friend from Japan is coming to the US to visit me in November. He can get a few headers to bring with him. If you are still looking for one shoot me an email. I will ask my friend to start looking. No disrespect, but if you don't want to pay at least $550 for the header please don't bother to contact me.