HybridZ

Broken Alternator bracket need options ASAP

I got this car in a trade and it was supposed to have a 327 in it. There is a metal plaque inside the drivers door that says its a 283 from 1963. I'm trying to figure out what the heck I am dealing with. I need an alternator bracket that fits (the current one is broken).

I can take pictures if needed, but I really need to get this bracket issue sorted out before I sell the car. A slipping belt sounds crappy and a broken bracket looks crappy.

The alternator was mounted above the valve cover on the drivers side.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

More than likely you're using a short water pump and this bracket will work fine. I don't recommend it on something you want to keep but to get the thing sold this will work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SB-CHEVY-CHROME-ALTERNATOR-BRACKET-SET-HEADERS-SWP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38656QQihZ013QQitemZ230243493667QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I simply searched for "swp alternator bracket". I've seen these brackets at our local parts stores even. Hope this helps.