HybridZ

supra tranny on rb26

83turbo280zx

as far as i know the 2jz and rb26 engines employ the basic same 6 speed getrag transmission, with the only acception of nissan's being AWD, well in that case, is it possible (within a limited budget) to mate an rb26 to a supra getrag tranny into an 83 280zx, or am i better off just putting up with the rb25 5-spd? if its possible, i wanna know because i would love to have a 6-spd behind an rb26

Any things possible I suppose. Its something I wouldn't waste the money, or the money, or the money and time on.

Having 5 gears behind my rb26ttz is more than enough shifting. You would be just going thru a whole bunch of $$ and effort just to say you have a very expensive 6 spd, in my opinion....

I think you guys are failing to see how much BETTER the supra trans are than the nissan trans. I have had MANY nissan 5spd trans fail on me.......

You will never see a stock style nissan trans going 8's like the supra guys do on theirs.....

Limited budget???

The 6 speeds from the supras run like $2.5k+ last I checked...

Mario

$3500 used and $6500 new. I saw Boost Logic install a brand new Getrag into a Supra shipped over from Panama and, apparently, even Boost Logic paid that much for a new one. It was actually this guy's friend - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-piEjJMOEDs . The guy in the Supra owns the Lamborghini and the Supra (built by Boost Logic) and wanted to race them against each other, hence, this video.

What do a 600, 700, and 1000hp supra have in common? They all run 12's. Supras don't make 8's.....hahah j/k. There is a reason they make 2JZ to the Chevy transmissions, can hold power, and are extremely reliable.

That joke is so 90's. For example, Boost Logic's "street car" with a 6-speed ran 8's in the 1/4 recently and, only a few weeks ago, broke the world record for fast standing mile for a street car - 229.7mph.

I think you guys are failing to see how much BETTER the supra trans are than the nissan trans. I have had MANY nissan 5spd trans fail on me.......

You will never see a stock style nissan trans going 8's like the supra guys do on theirs.....

I think you fail to see that Supras that make loads of power get automatics so they can switch it out with a 350 turbo tranny instead of the 6spd.

I think you fail to see that Supras that make loads of power get automatics so they can switch it out with a 350 turbo tranny instead of the 6spd.

If you mean most people opt for automatics over a manual, that's merely for drag racing purposes... and because they suck at shifting ;) They also go with automatics to keep the engine in it's power band... where it is making loads of power up high. I believe a manual is better for everything except drag racing.

If you mean most people opt for automatics over a manual, that's merely for drag racing purposes... and because they suck at shifting ;) They also go with automatics to keep the engine in it's power band... where it is making loads of power up high. I believe a manual is better for everything except drag racing.

Isnt that what hes going for? He obviously wants to make lots of power if the RB25 tranny isnt good enough for him.

i think you fail to see that most of the supra guys now are going mid 8's and 9's consistently with the stock 6 speed

Yes it can and has been done many times. Were you got that "most of the supra guys now are going with stock 6spds" I have no idea. They still will take a auto over a manual for drag racing. The auto 350's can handle more power and are more consistant.

WOW! Way to turn this guy's thread into a pissing match.

To the original poster, you might get lucky and be able to fit the bellhousing from an R34 GTR onto the transmission of the supra. My guess would be that it probably won't work but anything is possible.

• 2 weeks later...
WOW! Way to turn this guy's thread into a pissing match.

To the original poster, you might get lucky and be able to fit the bellhousing from an R34 GTR onto the transmission of the supra. My guess would be that it probably won't work but anything is possible.

How is this a pissing match. This is a forum where you go to learn about cars. well heres some education. Not my fault some people have no clue what there taking about.