HybridZ

The Saga of my First Stroker -- and some restoration...

josh817

Not to go off topic, talked to an engine builder at UTI. he says that when he breaks them in he pushes to 3k, stops, pushes to 5k, stops, pushes to redline. then he lets the car sit for 30min-a hour. repeat this 3 times and the rings will be fully seated and the engine will be ready for anything you throw at it.

i trust him considering hes been building motors for 30+years and never had one come apart.

looking good man

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dragonfly: Wouldnt it have been easier just to buy a larger venturi? I don't know if they are actually available for the 40mm carbs but iknow they are for the 50's.

BTW: did that venturi mod give you a 30hp bump across the band or was it just peak? I ask because I saw similar results with 48mm venturis (13hp gain) on a L20 we ran on a Dyno years ago, problem was that the midrange fell drasticly, we ended up using 45mm venturies in the end because the car needed the extra midrange to get out of a corner.

Yah dude I know he gets this way when he is bored a lot. He has his own tools to play with, a whole tool chest of them. We have and old rusty Spitfire out in the parking lot that Dad is stealing the chassis from for a kit car but right now (and probably for years to come if he is this busy) it will be Willie's car. He calls it Herbie and he will work on it. Only problem is he will go out, play for 10 minutes, come back, annoy us for 30 minutes, and then go back out. We can't let him use our regular tools because he miss uses them. Even when you show him how to use it, he messes around and doesn't try. You can mess around with him and just go along with it but not for like an hour. He also can't use our tools because the tools and the cars bring in money for both of us now that I work for Dad. He can't touch our tools because he will lose them, like he did today with an Allen wrench set. Now we have to go out and buy another set, which ultimately is money lost. Like I said, do whatever you want with your stuff but don't mess other peoples stuff up. Lose your tools, its fine we don't care, when they're gone then you have to go find them or be sad. He always asks if he can help and thats one thing he has that I don't. Before I figured I better start picking up after myself I was a lazy dude. Never wanted to help with cleaning and stuff. Willie on the other hand loves to help with everything and anything, minus picking up his toys. At the shop though, he can't help too much with us because either we're trying to finish up work, or its just something that is too technical. Not much of the lug nut sort of work going on. More like restoration from the ground up and stuff. We do like to give him the task of getting tools but a 4 year olds attention isn't too great, and he hasn't learned his tools just yet but its a good time to start. If he knows what it is he then has the task to make it to the tool area, and back without being distracted by a bug on the ground or something. Sweeping up kitty litter he likes, but still learning too because the likes the dust and watching it go everywhere. We do that at the end of the day and I don't think Dad gives him a chance to really try since he wants to get home and he's grumpy unless if something good happens. If I stay the night with them I will take him off their hands because it probably sucks not to have any alone time, movies, normal dinners in a restaurant. The one thing I really need to be there for is feeding him. Ever since he was a baby he doesn't eat a lot. Only if Courtney or I came over would he eat and only if we fed him. Otherwise he had like a meal a day and thats it. Same way not unless if its McNuggets... Rather see a fat person than a starving person, thats for sure.

What really made me feel upset with Willie is when a customer came by and said "Hey did you see my new paint job?" and he shows me his engine bay and its spray painted black all over. See I had known that Willie had done something but I thought he just colored his car with a crayon (which is still bad but it washes off), rather he took a spray paint can and decided to spray paint the motor. Luckily the guy didn't care because it was going to be pulled and rebuilt for next season but I mean seriously... And you can't blame us for keeping it in reach because that boy can climb like a monkey. He's a good kid inside but I think he just has a hard time showing it. Good intensions and he really does love his mom and dad. I just don't like the things he does and it makes him look like a monster. We were shredding branches one time and he wonders off into the house. All of a sudden we're like where did he go? Dad starts looking around, he went inside to see if he got a drink or something but he was nowhere in there, then he starts freaking out. I've never seen him so freaked out in his life. This was like having a stroke freak out, almost crying and frantically running the streets. I went inside to cover his trails and here Willie is laughing in his closet. He didn't mean any harm but I mean really now, he almost killed Dad dude. @_@

Alright so back to the main topic. My goal date is today, tomorrow, Sunday, whatever you want to call it and well... not so good news. Dad was heading out and I asked how Sunday was looking for him and that we need to pick up our radiator, starter, and headers. Well thats too bad because THEY'RE ALL CLOSED ON SUNDAY! >_< DOAH! And thats the end of my story.

Failure.

On the other hand I did get my motor built up today! Arrived at 9:30AM left at 12:30AM and I wish I could have stayed longer but Mom worries about me, especially the area, not very safe at night. I could stay there all day though. I love putting it together and making it work but I get carried away with time, and then I don't sleep, and then after a while I just don't wake up for 24 hours. Then I'm back on pace. >_> It's happened with school before, lots of yelling from Mom that day...

The only things that are really left is to pickup the radiator, starter, headers and install the oil pan, oil pump, distributer, and valve cover, and all that crap that bolts to the block like motor mounts, alternator, etc.

cimg0770kx4.jpg

cimg0771ci0.jpg

Don't worry I didn't paint 2 things red and leave it lame looking... Oil pan is red, mounts, all that "crap" that bolts to the motor like I said before is cherry red.

However.... I don't feel that we timed it correctly. We put piston 1 at TDC, and made sure the valves were shut on that cylinder. We put the shiny chain link on the mark for the crank and the other on the #1 for the cam sprocket BUT I thought there was more too it... I started thinking and I feel that we should have looked at the lobe separation. From the tip of intake, to the tip of exhaust, so they are making a V shape, I feel that we should have taken that degree, lets just say its 270º for compression (the underside of the V when you look at the lobes), then divide 270º in half so which is 135º. So from either the exhaust or the intake, you rotate the cam 135º and this is now the middle of TDC compression/ignition. Otherwise you're intake may stay open too long/too short relative to the stroke. The piston may start raising up in the cylinder when the valve is still open for the intake charge blah blah blah. I started doing this with the feeler gauge but Dad said no you don't need to do that, as long as the valves are closed you are fine and for the purpose of this example only, the valves are closed 270º. So according to him, anywhere within that 270º the cam can be set.

Now I may just be going mental or something but I do know I left out the fact that the pin in the cam must but lined up so the #1 gear tooth can match up with the shiny link. Basically, our shiny link was at the 2 o'clock position and the pin was at the 12:30-ish position, so if some how my idea made it so that the cam pin was now in some other spot, it wouldn't work unless if it either A: matched up with the other 2 holes which are given or B: you had an adjustable cam sprocket, which I don't. I'm still kinda confusing myself with this idea and I don't think I will fully understand until I go back and actually get my hands on it. I'm not good at drawing pictures.

The rods with pistons. Like Dragonfly said, you can't really feel the the difference between shot peened and not, you can see it though.

cimg0768oe1.jpg

cimg0769oz6.jpg

Thats about it for today. I won't go to the shop on Sunday, and I'll be gone until July 4th, THEN maybe I'll get all the goodies in the car and I will definitely have a video of the start up and stuff. Otherwise the day went well. No problems, Dads cookout went well. Lots of nice club members, some new, most long time members so they have seen Willie and I go from little to big over our years. They went to the dyno and can anybody guess what the highest power was for the day?! 101hp! I heard they had some wheel spin though with their thin tires so maybe a little more. I still wouldn't go crazy though... the 101hp guy had the works on his motor. >_> At least its a cool car.

As a little extra bonus I'll throw in some pictures. If anyone else shares my nitch, I like to see who and what is behind a story, pictures so I can visualize. Here you go:

Silly Willie, Will-I-Am, Willie Man, Bucko, whatever you'd like to call him. If anybody does recognize him somehow, everyone call him by William, or they will get technical with you. "Only his friends can call him Willie!" x_x

im000792es5.jpg

Dad, sister, myself a long long time ago. We don't have any pictures of our family making a normal face but in general, Dad looks the same, big glasses, no beard, the same length hair still parted the same way and combed in the same direction. His head must hurt.

cimg0545wp1.jpg

Giant, soon to be Giant, another Giant. We grow like weeds. :/

picture023lk8.jpg

Dads toy, and then 2 cars we built in the background. Black one is supercharged. Owner of the yellow drove the black and said he wanted that power. Dad said he doesn't want to mess with a supercharger anymore and built him a motor that out runs the black car, without a supercharger. Displacement is king. .25" over bore is winner. I think thats one of the cars he was truly proud of.

hpim0852cd2.jpg

Dads toy again and my toy before we tore it down. Thats my next goal. I have until September to completely build a track BMW. Now a test with budget and time.

hpim0855lx7.jpg

The reason why I didn't build a screaming 2.4L... That was a bad day, dude.

hpim1834bx6.jpg

And my momma. Can't forget about her, she supports me both mentally and financially for a little bit until I can get some money. Didn't feel the love the other day ago though when she asked if I really thought I would have it ready in time. >:[ Errrr. I could have! Its better this way though. Take my time, do it right so I don't have to go back, and its going to rain all week and I didn't buy new tires so we'd probably end up in a ditch somewhere along our 100 mile drive.

picture023qd8.jpg

I will talk to you guys in a week. Have a nice Fourth of July!

Sounds like you needed to vent as much as get advice. I understand the tool issue, I tried to limit involvement with shop tools to something that would take your hands (heavy impact gun) but it appears you're exposing him on that far beyond what i suggested; but that was just to illustrate the point. Overall, what I intended to get across was that chances are, if you give him a little more credit than he deserves, it will start to pay off.

Overall it sounds like you've got a good idea where you're at with him though. Its a pain... but even good kids are a pain in your butt when they are your little brother.

I wish I could give you specific advice on the timing, but I haven't had to tinker with any of that personally yet, so my knowledge of that section of the engine is still rather abstract. You might want to take a peek at the sticky in this subforum about "degreeing a cam" on an L-6 for some pointers in that regard. Outside of that, the first and simplest resource I can think of would be in any of the FSM engine sections for a car that came with an L-6. There is a guy who posted a link to both all the S30 and S130 FSMs somewhere in those respective subforums as well.

good luck, and have a good fourth yourself!

I'm quite sure the method will be fine for a six cylinder! Many friends have used it in their Supras with great results. It's more about new ring technology then it is displacement or anything else, for that matter. gjc5000, you hit the nail on the head. Warm the engine up to operating temp by driving around gently, then start doing controlled loading of the engine. Just like he said, but we usually go 2k-5k, engine brake back to 2k, next gear, 2k-5k, engine brake, next gear, so on up through fourth. If you have a four speed, should probably only do that in 1-3 lol

Even just in fourth, in most cars you end up going over 100MPH. After that's done, drive it how you would normally drive it. If you get on it a lot, get on it a lot, if you don't, don't. It doesn't really make a difference, the majoritry of sealing takes place in the first 20mi or so the engine is run.

Hmmm... ASL for the sister?:lol: I kid, I kid.

Well thats exciting news! I was sitting here thinking oh god I have to wait a month until I can sport around in my car now. Then again 5k is fairly high for the motor. I didn't build it with 8k intentions. There isn't anything up there for me, cam only lasts to 7000-7500 or something like that.

Hey big boy, she's getting married to some thoroughbred texan cowboy. He thinks he's a big man but I like to make fun of him and mess around all the time. He has a sensitive side that if you poke just right the response is hilarious. He has a baby face too. XD oh well.

If your cam is good until 7500, I'd try and rev to 7500 (not during the initial break in I described above, of course). There is a formula to determine how much force your pistons exert on your rods and hardware at a certain RPM. You need to do some math, and then find out how much your hardware can safely hold, and decide how unsafe you want to be. I can't even hazard a guess at how high it'd be, sorry. No experience with an L28, and especially not with this hybrid stroker dealio (at least, not yet ;)). I'm attaching a post from Supramania made by Supracentral, the site admin, about stroker motors. It's about 7MGTEs (stock MkIII Supra Turbo motor) but the math and principles apply here as well. Another thing to keep in mind, a 7M (very much like a 2JZ) is a motor you can just keep adding air and fuel into and it'll keep making power. The stock components are very strong (there is a guy in Utah by the name of Sean (goes by Xman on Supramania) that is making over 700rwhp on stock Toyota internals), and it still has a large aftermarket support as well (not sure if that's true about an L series or not, haven't done any research, just throwing it out there). Also, stroking a 7M doesn't do a whole lot in terms of increasing power, and I know that's not the case with an L series motor.

There are several methods that you can use to determine tensile loads on rods' date=' but the most simple and available to someone with basic mathematic skills is to use mean piston speed.

This is the average speed the piston travels at static engine rpm. Remember that. As we move through these calculations, realize we are talking about the "average" speed. Meaning that the speeds go much higher.

Next, we need to know good vs bad.

The industry "rules of thumb" for mean piston speed are:

Under 3,500 ft/min = Good reliability

3,500-4,000 ft/min = Stressful, needs good design

Over 4,000 ft/min = Very short life

You will find that auto manufacturers keep the mean piston speed below 3500 ft/min in 99% of their motor designs except for a few rare exotic sports cars. The reason? Reliability & warranty. In a few rare cases, manufacturers cross that line for "special" cars. The Supra (both MKIII & MKIV) fall into this class. But they don't go far over that line. But I digress...

Determining the mean piston speed is damned simple.

Stroke and RPM are really all you need to know.

The formula is Cm = 0.167 x L x N

Cm = mean piston speed in ft/min

L = stroke in inches

N = crankshaft speed in rpm

Take the stock 7M-GTE with a 3.582" stroke and a 6500 redline.

At 6500 RPM your stock motor has a Mean Piston Speed of 3880 ft/min. Based upon our chart above, you are already "pushing" it in stock trim.

In comparison the 2JZ-GTE has a stroke of 3.386". This doesn't sound like much of a difference, but do the math and at the factory redline of 6750 for this motor your mean piston speed is 3816 ft/min. At 6500 RPM it's only 3675 ft/min. Much lower stress at the same RPM.

As you can see the very slightly shorter stroke on the 2JZ allowed Toyota to raise the redline by 250 RPM, but lower the mean piston speed. Both motors are 3.0 liter, but the design change allowed higher revs with better reliability.

So now go back to our 7M-GTE and let's throw the Flatlander stroker kit into the mix.

The Flatlander kit has a 3.833" stroke!!! That's HUGE! Do the math and you come up with an impressive mean piston speed of 4160 ft/min at 6500 RPM. Take a look at our chart above. We are deep into the "very short life" area.

Now stop and think about how a 4 stroke gasoline engine works. Intake, compression, power, exhaust. That's your four strokes. But which one is going to do the most "damage" to our rods when we take mean piston speed into consideration? Lots of people would guess the "power" stroke. And they would be VERY wrong.

Think about this. Take our Flatlander stroker motor at 6500 RPM. During the [b']exhaust[/b] stroke the piston is traveling upward at an amazing average speed of 4160 ft/min. What is there to stop it at the top of the stroke? The exhaust valves are open, there's no compression. The ONLY thing stopping that piston from slamming into the head is the connecting rod. Think about that. That rod not only has to stop that piston, but change directions and accelerate it downward as well. All of this loading is "tensile" loading. (i.e. - the forces are trying to STRETCH the rod) compressive loads (like during the power stroke) are easy for the rods to handle. Compressive forces are a cake walk for a forged rod. Tensile forces (stretching) is a lot more damaging.

When looked at in this light, is it worth the couple of extra cubic centimeters of cylinder displacement? Yea, a little more off idle pre-boost torque is there, but it's not worth it in my opinion...

Now this is all a gross oversimplification (I could [and probably should] write a book on this stuff) there are MANY other factors involved.

For example, the mass of the pistons. Compare a JE brand piston to it's Ross branded counterpart for the 7MGTE. Ever looked at the weights quoted by each manufacturer? JE forged pistons for the 7M are 293 grams. The Ross model is 357 grams! Which one would you rather have your rods trying to stop from 3880 ft/min? Now I'm not saying that a Ross piston is bad, it's not. But it's a heavy son of a bitch. Imagine that mounted on the top of your stroker rod!

We haven't even talked about crank angles, pistion accelleration, etc, etc... There's a ton more.

This is interesting. I'm going to read up more on that one site you sent the link for and then see if there is any detailed information about that formula thing. I don't know how much the hardware can hold though. I mean I didn't use any special grade material which tells you tensile strength stats and stuff (ARP).

ARP stuff will probably hold more than the rod, lol

That's a general formula, it should give you a general idea on what you should be okay revving up to. Seeing as this isn't a production car or a race engine, you should be okay with the general idea. The ranges posted aren't just for 7Ms, they're the recommended safety range for all normal motors.

Btw, If you actually join the site, there are a few guys on there (light blue screen names) called Subject Matter Experts. Any of them would be happy to help you out with a question in their particular field, and I know at least the turbo, oil, electrical and internal guys can help with more than just their field.

Any reason you're building the BMW to be a track car instead of the Z? Even if you left full interior in it, that's not really that much weight in this car, not a whole lot there. It's probably safe to say the Z car also has easier to find and cheaper upgrades for it than an old 2k2 BMW, too.

For some reason the quote didn't pop up when I saw your post. I know about the piston speed already, it makes sense in my head, just needed a reference. Without the 3500ft/min = reliable rule thing, I wouldn't know where to go.

The story behind the BMW is that Dad had bought it for himself. His first car was that model BMW. Then he saw his '39 midget on ebay and he has been dying to get one since grandpa use to race them. Scary thing is this car has a huge folder of pictures and documents and some of the races it went to, grandpa went to also. At that point Dad offered the BMW to me for my first car. We started digging in until he saw how much some of the stuff was to make it a good street car (trim, carpets, etc) and he freaked out. So then he offered to make it a race car/hot street car so he can drive it instead of put it in storage every month. I would gladly do the Z instead. It makes more sense with money, and know-how but not so much for competition. Only 2 other Z's in the club and they have a butt load of money in their cars. When Dad raced his Spitfire he was making 2nd place with $13000, 1st in points because the lady who placed 1st on the track ran smaller wheels and had points taken out. Now days, to make first, you have to have $150000 into your car (the Porsches) so its major money burn. 1 of the Z's keeps up with the back of the Porsches, and behind him is a huge gap, and then all the other cars. Only 1 of the Porsches runs unfair mods, all the others are game so its pretty scary. With that said, I'm not sure why Dad didn't throw me into a Triumph. He's been around them for over 20 years and he knows all the tricks for them, plus they're cheaper to win. His basic rule is only run what you can afford to win, if it means going into a lower class, fine, atleast you won't be last and with the way we're doing the BMW, I'm going to be pretty far back there. He expects me to kick all the other BMW's asses though so it will be good fun. XD

If September comes and we aren't done he will either rent a little Vee or we're considering throwing a fuel cell and a cage in the Z with the harnesses and stuff. We can take them out and put them in the BMW when its done. Thats cool because the new comer class doesn't have any rules for the cars so they will allow my stroker. I don't think they do points in the new comer class. I think I have to do 2 events in that and then I actually get to go into the Groups whichever one that may be. My only worry for rentals or my own is that if you break anything you are destroyed. I don't think my motor will last several 20 minute sessions of really hard driving.

Lastly... the only thing I dislike with Dad's attitude is that he guilts me into working on the BMW. People joke around and ask when its going to be done and he goes with it and is like "Well if he would stop neglecting the bimmer and slow down on the Z maybe it will get finished" and I'm thinking wait a second... You are living on the edge with money right now, you haven't quite stabled out financially yet you want me to hurry up on the BMW? I'm excited to see it be built but there is going to be a point where you won't have money to go any further. To put things in prospective the car has been sitting waiting for me to do body work on it since summer. Then we need paint, which Dad can't buy now. Then a cage, we're doing our own wiring, we already have a running motor but wheel freshen it up to be slightly mild, and then suspension. Since February Dad has been saying he is saving for a cage which costs $600-$800, we'll probably do the $800 because he doesn't trust his welds when it comes to safety. Its July now and there still isn't a cage. If it takes that long to get $800, well we have several years until the car is done unless you make it big. Not to mention he is trying to get his midget up and running but you can't find Ford Flathead V8-60 parts anywhere. Summit had some heads on back order for several months, when they came in they called him up and said it would be $1200 and they're just regular heads, nothing special besides being new. So his priorities aren't quite set.

Now you may say why don't you pitch in and help, I am paying for my safety stuff. I will not pay for anything on the car itself. Reason being, out of all the cars Dad has built over the years and owned, he spent about a month or two having fun and then he sold it. I can see this being the same case. I build, he funds, he is in a tight spot for money some day or something and he realizes hey wait a second... I am funding a BMW RACE CAR AND I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY >_< then he sells it and I'm out whatever goes into it. He did it with the karts when I was younger but I did the same thing there. Bought the helmet, suit, gloves, shoes, he did the other stuff. I think his old helmet and suit will fit but it may not meet safety standards now. I just don't want to dump money into something that isn't going to be built how I want it, and that isn't showing very good hop for a future use. He's wanting to run a muffler and crap like that but its a '68, you don't need a muffler if its a '68 to be registered for the street I think. I finally negotiated to a slip on system so we can open her up at the track. I want a really hot cam, he doesn't, I want to run the 45mm Webers he bought for it, but he doesn't want to run them right away. He ays he wants me to run a downdraft first time out for reliability. Thats cool but guess who he took that from, my spare Z parts... Thats the only other thing I don't like, he's always looking to save money and now he's snabbing my Z stuff. I bought my triple carbs with a "performance" filter, pump, regulator, gauge, and extra jets. He tried to take the pump, filter, and regulator for the BMW and set it up on the shelf of BMW parts. I'm like uh no I want to use that filter so I don't have to go out and buy the little plastic ones, same for the pump and reg. "Oh well the reg. won't work for this pump, regs only work with aboit 8psi into them, otherwise the difference in a 2.5-3psi pump won't work with the reg. Besides this pump should do that, and Webers like around 3psi..." Ok.... So he has a customer car come in. To increase his profit he charges the same for a pump, but uses mine instead of buying one. This way he skips the initial purchase and I'm out a pump. Yah... no... not happening when I paid for it... funny thing is he then used my gauge in the setup and it was doing 8psi. Well looky there, looks like I'll be needing it now to use with my reg. I'll take my gauge too, thank you. >:| I was pissed about the carbs too. They're the DGV setup and I know people don't want it for the Z cars but list them on Ebay as DGV's Triumph Z Fiat, and then you have the other crowds who like them wanting to buy. Dad took the carbs so we can have manual choke for the bmw. I didn't say anything because if he would like to play the mooch my stuff which I was going to sell so I can pay for parts game, thats fine because I'll keep the $100 you wanted from me. He payed for the exhaust on the Z and when I sold the turbo, the downpipe and stuff went with it. He fairly asked for the money he paid for the exhaust and I said ok. Well, those carbs you took, which were meant to pay for the headers from selling them, were just bought from you. No swindling Josh, right?

Told my mom how upset I was about him trying to take and use everything and it was really hard to explain until he did it and I nudged her while he was discussing how the pump wouldn't work with the reg. until I kinda burst the bubble and told him the guy sold his entire carb setup to me, so yes it does work otherwise he wouldn't use it. I purposely take home the jets and stuff because thats an expensive thing for him to mooch, and I KNOW he will mooch because remember, yesterday was dyno day, and he was tuning everyones cars. That would have been lovely to have a chest full of assorted jets at your hands and then when its time to tune the stroker, I don't have anything to use right?

/end another rant

Z car in the club, there is another 3 liter car but he's slower than the 2.4 plus he doesn't show up half the time, plus he gets points deducted for the 3L. x_x

hpim1763br3.jpg

hpim1764oj7.jpg

hpim1765ao2.jpg

hpim1766nj4.jpg

I posted that, then decided to go find the post I read about it in so you wouldn't have to go hunting all over the internet for it.

I'd think of it more as a don't plan on sustaining this RPM kind of thing, I'm sure short bursts into the middle area would be okay (apparently Toyota did, too).

Wow, that bar under the steering column would make that car a no go for me. Definitely molest my legs trying to drive that (6 2")

I posted that, then decided to go find the post I read about it in so you wouldn't have to go hunting all over the internet for it.

I'd think of it more as a don't plan on sustaining this RPM kind of thing, I'm sure short bursts into the middle area would be okay (apparently Toyota did, too).

Wow, that bar under the steering column would make that car a no go for me. Definitely molest my legs trying to drive that (6 2")

Yah I'm 6' 3" too. When the Z was delivered I was welcomed by a surprisingly spacious cabin. I really to like the area in the legs and stuff. The only thing thats not comfortable is how high the window sits. I can't lay my arm out without like dislocating my shoulder. Don't like to set it on the arm rest thing because I don't want to screws to pull out. We're still trying to figure out if that bar is mandatory. If you've ever seen Greg Ira's GT Z you can see he has one going from behind the passenger, across, and up to the center of the bar which runs along the dash. His bar is higher though I think.

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=jmark240z

^ His Z is lovely. Makes me want to take my l24 crank, and buy an F54 block, bore it to 90mm and just have this giant bore small stroke motor that screams, and then dies... :/

I have troubles with that sometimes myself. I really want to do the stroker (and some spray... 100-175 shot, somewhere in there) so I have enough power to beat basically anything, whoop ass on a road or auto X course and still have a decent daily.

Hopefully my torso is longer than yours then, I gotta put my arm on that window ledge lol

Alright dudes I'm back and I have a really quick question for anybody on here. Doing a search doesn't help when I keep finding the wrong stuff and I need a quick response.

Stock 300zx radiator fit in a 240z? Had my core flushed out and it had tons of holes in it.... >_<

Dudes I've been gone to this church camp where you have 1 hour of church and the rest of the day to bask in the sun with hotties. Had to get my groove on for a week of my summer atleast. He already picked up my starter motor, and then told me the news about the radiator which pissed me off because that radiator was ready the week of June 22nd. The guys called him but he never called them back, nor did he say anything about them even calling up so I had no idea either. So now I'm here, looking for a new radiator when I could have purchased one last week before I left and had it already shipped here.

I swear I'm about neck high in peoples **** right now. Like I complained about before, nobody can do business. If the 300zx radiator will fit then I already have my hands on a $15 one...

Heard nothing on the headers so god knows whats going on with that... I'm going to have to borrow money from mom. About $150 I'm suspecting which I can handle but with the radiator thing and then lets count on a rocky road ahead I am planning on taking back my DGV carbs he mooched and selling them like I was going to do. I have a feeling he thinks that I am going to be all leisurely now that I missed my deadline goal... I'm still pushing hard and the radiator is my only set back. I'm betting by the time I buy one and get it over here it will be next week... I work Mon-Wed and Dad will probably do what he did when I tried to get him over here just to pull the motor. "Yah I'll be over there today.... Sorry I got caught up in things, I'll be there tomorrow" <== for two weeks. Snag him on a Sunday and he has nothing but Willie's reading class until 12 so thats my attack date. I will assure him that the BMW doesn't get anything done to it until I actually have a car to drive to the shop. He said he would give me his Honda since he has a little truck now, but that hasn't happened either.

You get use to the empty promises after a while...