HybridZ

What parts can I use from a '91 300zx?

I have an opportunity to finally get an S30. I have a 91 300zx NA lying around that's about had it. Is there anything worth while I can move to a 280z? I was wondering about the diff and maybe the hubs etc to get a modern set of wheels on it.

I don't think I want to swap the V6, unless I could turbo it. My long term plans involve a RB26, LS1, 2jz, or maybe a 7mgte.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Administrators

Chuck,

Nothing from the Z-32 is a "bolt in" for an S-30. Yes, you can use the hubs, diff, etc, it all depends on your fabrication and engineering skills.

The Short nose diff conversion has been done, quite a bit of work is involved, and typically it is usually done for the for the Q-45 short Nose R-200 diff or the R-230 out of the Z-32TT or Armada. The N/A Z-32 diff is NOT really an upgrade for a 280-Z. Output shafts are weaker, ratio is quite deep at 4.10:1, and the viscous LSD??? Well, that Viscous crap has been beat to death in other threads on this forum, in particular the stickies in the drive train forum.

Good luck