HybridZ

So....LS9?

I'LL DO IT........when the people in hell get ICE WATER....LOL. 20,000 for a crate motor i don't think so. Hey maybe someone can get a wrecked zr1 corvette when they come out with the ls9 and swap that motor and trans in it might be a little cheaper, but not by much. Can you put a supercharger kit on the LS2?...I really haven't searched for that kind of question.

so the answer to most of your guys questions are yes there is a kit from eaton to put the same supercharger from the ls9 on to the ls3. there are kits for the ls2 and ls1 made by kenne bell and eaton both. the kenne bell kit is probably your best bet since you pay 5g for everything you need to make 500+ including fuel injectors and fuel pump.

the problem with waiting for someone to wreck one will be tough since there only making 1000 ZR1's this year and maybe that much next year. if any junk yard even has one (which would be hard since it will take alot of damage to total a 100,000 dollar car.) it would still cost alot for the drivetrain of one.

I figure since I'm in CA, It's only a matter of time till the publicity hounds and other assorted idiots start totaling these cars, making the engines go up for grabs :D

I'm with you there bro, however i'm not so sure if i really want it when it comes out. when your right foots as hefty (13) as mine how long before you break it, then parts to replace it will be a pain after dumping that kind of green for the set up to begin with.

as i tell my friends who ask why i drive so fast "hell these 13's are heavy i just rest my foot on the pedal till it stops going down....."

GM has done such an excellent job with all their new engines that it would be very hard to break any of them. all their new LS motors are now blueprinted especially the new LS9 and LS3 which is the base platform for the LS9. if you can break the engine by just driving it hard then you did something wrong in my opinion.

GM has done such an excellent job with all their new engines that it would be very hard to break any of them. all their new LS motors are now blueprinted especially the new LS9 and LS3 which is the base platform for the LS9. if you can break the engine by just driving it hard then you did something wrong in my opinion.

FYI - all engines are blueprinted. That means nothing special for these guys unless you mean something else by that.

FYI - all engines are blueprinted. That means nothing special for these guys unless you mean something else by that.

yes that is true but most company's dont go into much detail but they hit the basics. your more expensive cars such as supercars, are doing everything. so yea i didnt specify what i meant thanks for catching that.

well getting a true LS9 would be expensive and probably have a hard time finding one even if you wanted to pay 20k for the motor.

now soon as someone wreckes a new CTS-V that has the same 6.2L motor with the same blower on it... youll be able to pick up that motor pretty cheap.

another option is the northstar 4.4L that has the same blower on the top of it. that would be a road race screamer right there...

GM makes a bolt-on eaton style supercharger for the LSX. You can also get a kit from Pro-charger for their centrifugal superchager for the LSX motor. The GM unit is good for a 40% boost in power which would take my LS1 from 390 to 545 HP. The pro-charger is intercooled so it's good for 60% which would take my LS1 to over 620 HP. At that point I'm sure I could spin all the way through 4th!:flamedevi And these are the non-tweaked versions - crazies are already taking them upwards of 850 HP.