HybridZ

82 turbo, haltec timing issue?

titan uranus

82 zx turbo. Stock cam, t3/t4 turbo. Big injectors(unsure of the size) We are getting good A/F and it idles fine. To me it seems like the timing is not advancing when you rev it up. once it gets above 2k-3k it starts to act like it has antilag, lots of fire and poping out the exhaust and 15lbs in neutral. My guess is that the timing isnt advancing. Its running haltech e8. been struggling with this issue for a while now. it has a vaccum advance distributor on it. Im new to this whole tunning thing, im not the one tunning it, we have to really good tuners trying to figure this thing out. Ford 36-1 trigger wheel and sensor. Timing seems fine and fuel is good other than it being locked at 15 degrees. Does it need a different distributor or somthing weird with the haltech? if anyone has any ideas or a base map any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated, willing to try anything at this point.

I don't know why the na distributor is in it, i have a 83 turbo dizzy comming right now, its got crane firball coil and thats about it.

If you must run a dizzy, then you should be able to make the n/a one work - lose the vacuum advance and lock down the mechanical advance. You should be controlling the timing exclusively with the Haltec.

What does your advance table have in it?

If you must run a dizzy, then you should be able to make the n/a one work - lose the vacuum advance and lock down the mechanical advance. You should be controlling the timing exclusively with the Haltec.

yup, i agree. But there's no need to use a dizzy with the crank trigger. program your Haltec to get trigger signal and have your ignition system distribute spark.

yup, i agree. But there's no need to use a dizzy with the crank trigger. program your Haltec to get trigger signal and have your ignition system distribute spark.

If he doesn't have a direct ignition setup, then he'll still need something to hook the spark plug wires up to...