Pics: 2008 Datsun 240z concept car

mull

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what they NEED to do is keep the new 370z and still build this car (the latest version from the autoblog post) keep the price VERY LOW and put a low boost turbo 4 in it to compete with the solstice/mx-5 keep it around the size of the original car and watch the bankroll come in.. i know they are comming out with a new 240sx so i'm really not sure how they would market this car unless they made the 240sx a 2+2 and made this smaller z a true 2 seat sports car.. i think what auto companies and never understand is that with small affordable sports cars, they don't really need to be super fast out of the factory, they just need to make something tuner friendly with a good platform. if nissan came out with anything like these cars i wouldn't think twice, i'd go and buy it.. right now i'm on the 10 year savings plan to buy a gtr

They DID!! Where do you think the tree-fiddy came from?!!?

what they NEED is a 2400 pound, 2 liter, 200 horse roadster. If they had any GUMPTION they could've come out with it in 2000 and beaten the S2000 to the punch. *pause while I lament the Fair Lady That Could Have Been....*

..But back to reality now, the new Beetle came out, the PT Cruiser came out, and then Nissan's North American design team drew up the "240Z concept" that evolved directly into our VQ Powered, loved-and-hated 350Z. Then the Charger was released, then the new Mustang, the Challenger is trickling out onto the roadways (I saw one in a driveway the other day and almost made a mess in my pants, hands down best resurrection of a car EVER, PM me for some year old shots of a couple of the first unibodies coming off the line) and weren't we going to get a new Camaro a la Transformers???

My point is, not too many corporate executives feel too rambunctious about jumping onto the bandwagon of "hot new retro styled cars." It is a risk, because it costs money, and ALOT of it, to set up manufacture for a fully redesigned or new vehicle. Nissan has already taken this risk once, reviving a vehicle line that they had discontinued because of slumping sales. You cannot expect them to be eager to do it again, especially when the vehicle we speak of reviving is remembered chiefly as "THE poor man's sports car." The sales of any "new 240Z" would suffer if it were not priced low, and so in the end you want to ask a stoic company's board of directors (Japanese and French) to gamble a huge sum of money on a car that cannot be sold for anything more than 30-35K per unit.

I hate to rain on the parade, but like I said, we HAVE to keep in mind the fact that nissan already DID Revive the Z!!!!!!!!

Guest CrookedCrew

but in the process of reviving it, they have now priced it out of the Z's motto of "Poor man's sports car"

unless a 30K car to them is considered "poor

but in the process of reviving it, they have now priced it out of the Z's motto of "Poor man's sports car"

unless a 30K car to them is considered "poor

I cannot disagree or refute that fact, but making a whole new car is NOT going to be anything affordable, hence my previous post in this thread: leave the 350 alone, cheapen it up, and drop the sticker price. Thats the only route to a cheap Z.

• 3 weeks later...
;) ok little secret for the past few years ive been working with the designer. He's called Lars

This is our site until its finished next week.

www.ethros.co.uk

We have already started building it :)

Will update some you guys with some pics asap.

I'd like to see more... please contact me! I am interested!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/20/design-study-nissan-240-fairlady-z-successor/

We are having the car below cnc 5 axis milled. The total cost is £9000 thats covered with an expoxy resin so we can take moulds from it :)#3.jpg

Present me with $30.000 and I'll ship a mold. This was the amount I was

quoted when asking for a price estimate from a company that do the kind

of work in the pics above, 5-axis milling, or whatever it's called : )