Pics: 2008 Datsun 240z concept car

mull

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok people will shoot me for this .. like said it Looks like BMW z4 Coupe .. down to the roofline and the indent in it!

BMW_Z4_M_Coupe-01.jpg

I actually own one (my daily) and sitting it next to a 260 with euro lip front and rear ( BRE spoiler) the dimension are dead on ... the Z4 IS the new Z.. it resembles the soul and line of Z much better than a 350z witch is far more GT like the s130...

However it would not sell as good as it is fricking tiny (taller than 6,1" or a bit on the heavy side ? forget it!

It has no storage. styled particular ( like the concept shown in this topic) The 350 is styled more accepted, very roomy, luxurious BUT heavy!!!

the concept would have the same downfalls as the z4 coupe from styling size etc! i doubt they would make it much in the lines with what Gollum said .... Plus there is a new Z maybe the new z5 ;) this is to much

The z4 drives like a z aswel btw ! same drift feeling :)

Thanks for the idea's guys.

And yes it will be sold in kit form if we get enough interest once the 1st one is compompleted.

:shock:

As a point of interest, how big is the engine bay, and what are the mounts going to be designed for? Presumably one of the I6 motors originally, but V8s?

I would say make it long enough for a BMW, Toyota, or nissan DOHC I6 and wide enough for a modular ford V8 and you are golden. Still don't like the tail outline, and by increasing the size of the roof bubble you add copious amounts of space. Small increase in height plus broadening the cabin bubble adds alot of space.

No offense, but I am still not holding my breath.. even if it is made I must confess that I doubt I will ever see one in person, and THAT is the judgment that I need to pass a final opinion on a new concept vehicle. It is pretty, though :D

The chassis has already been started and the body panels are already being milled:)

I would say make it long enough for a BMW, Toyota, or nissan DOHC I6 and wide enough for a modular ford V8 and you are golden. Still don't like the tail outline, and by increasing the size of the roof bubble you add copious amounts of space. Small increase in height plus broadening the cabin bubble adds alot of space.

No offense, but I am still not holding my breath.. even if it is made I must confess that I doubt I will ever see one in person, and THAT is the judgment that I need to pass a final opinion on a new concept vehicle. It is pretty, though :D

The chassis has already been started and the body panels are already being milled:)

Well, my foot is in my mouth... but I am still not holding back my breath :mrgreen:

Good to see I wasn't taken in the wrong light; I hesitated before posting that but decided I did a fair job not sounding like a jerk.

• 3 months later...
Punchy four-banger? It's a freakin' truck engine!

its a 150 hp, 160 lb-ft, 2.4L workhorse. Its got as much power as the original 240Z engine or more.

The Dodge Viper also runs on a "freakin truck engine" when you get right down to it. Labeling like that only limits yourself in the end.. Not tryin to be a tool, I'm just sayin......