HybridZ

J.C Whitney Cheap Seats $159.99/pair

Guest 73LT1Z

Guest 73LT1Z

The installed height is a drawback, but I'd say the dimensions are the same for all of these types of seats.

Looking at the mount points on my car, I can see where if you cut away the rails you could bolt/weld some angle in there and drop the seats say 1" or so, or in an extreme case you could mount the sliders to the floor, but I can see lots of tunnel interference problems with doing that. I'd be certain I wanted to keep them before doing something that drastic though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recieved my set yesterday and mocked up the driver's side. There is no way all 6'2" of me is going to fit comfortably in the car with those seats. With no rails installed on the seat the height is just to much. I had to hunch down and lean my head to one side to sit in the seat. With the stock seats Im just fine with 2 inches of clearance to the roof.

Having said all that, the seats are very nice. Mine arrived with all parts and no broken adjusters. I think they are well worth what you pay for them. I just wish they fit my 280z and me better.

Height isn't an issue with me (Wow, being short is a good thing for once :P) 5'6".

You can always sell them on craigslist for like $600 :P. I think there is a guy up here thats trying to get rid of a pair for that much (same JCW seat). Someone actually bought them :P.

I've seen people cut the stock seat mounts off and make their own.

I believe they are crucial part of the unibody's strength, so you probably have to strengthen it elsewhere to make up for it.

Mario

You can always add some structural members under the floor.

I've seen people cut the stock seat mounts off and make their own.

I believe they are crucial part of the unibody's strength, so you probably have to strengthen it elsewhere to make up for it.

Mario

I don't think they add anything as far as structural rigidity to the unibody, there just isn't enough there for them to, is there?

Hi guys, for those of you that wonder if it will fit the s130 body with out any issue, it half and half. It fit, you can close the door with out hitting the seat but space between the seats and door are like .5 inch apart. Mounting them on is a little tricky, I recommend doing what 73LT1Z did, make an adapter so that you can use your old rail. here are some pictures that I have test fit in my car.

This is on the passenger side.

IMGP5071.jpg

As you can see it not touching

IMGP5072.jpg

Left side of the seats

IMGP5075.jpg

Original mounthing hole--is distance

IMGP5082.jpg

Let me know when you get them installed so I can see them at Slow_old_car's.

I got my seats in yesterday and was suprised with the quality. They look great for such a cheap seat! They told me 7 to 10 days and they both arrived together on the 4th day.

Ok. I need a set for the 510 wagon project...

Can someone measure the distance between the 2 doors (where the adjuster would end up)

and the distance from the door to the tunnel at the mounting height location ?>

I might have to jump on these.

Guest 73LT1Z
Ok. I need a set for the 510 wagon project...

Can someone measure the distance between the 2 doors (where the adjuster would end up) and the distance from the door to the tunnel at the mounting height location ?>

I might have to jump on these.

I don't understand what you are asking to measure... there are some seat measurements on page 1 that may help you. My seats are in a '75 280Z, so I can't help with a 510.

As for service after the sale, I got the missing parts (except for the back ordered knobs) on 5-15. JCW support was really good IMO.

• 3 months later...

For those who haven't jumped on this deal.

"THIS" Deal is over, but they posted another deal on pretty much the same seats.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=racing+seats

Now does anyone have another discount code? :P

Edit: Don't use safari on their site.

code: SAVENOW = free shipping

i ordered a set last night, the deal is still going on, i paid five dollars extra for two day shipment, not a bad deal. all said and done they were $188. these are going to look good with my new all black interior. sooooo much better than the dull faded red everything that was originally in the car.