HybridZ

R230 Install....Tech info for those interested...

Mikelly

Just an update. No word on the Ford 8.8 but I did get this from Dave over at ArizonaZ today.

We're working right now on a whole big parts set for the Z32 diff etc. Stay

tuned later this year for price and availability.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said that they got their Q45 axles resplined by moser engineering, so I called to get my Q45 axles done and they said they can not do it because the axle shaft is 1.184" and the splined area is 1.197" meaning the shaft is to small to be splined for the CV or am I just talking to the wrong people. Any info would be appreciated

Karl

• 4 months later...
Someone said that they got their Q45 axles resplined by moser engineering, so I called to get my Q45 axles done and they said they can not do it because the axle shaft is 1.184" and the splined area is 1.197" meaning the shaft is to small to be splined for the CV or am I just talking to the wrong people. Any info would be appreciated

Karl

well if you called moser to get the same work done, then the person is a liar, if you called someone else to get that work done, well..... call moser? =P

The guy is not a liar. If you take the shaft and measure, it is larger at the splines. If you cut them shorter there won't be enough material. You will have to ask MKelly what he meant by shortened and resplined, but the Q45 axles I had could not be shortened. I just had them make custom axles, same spline, shorter length all of the same larger diameter stock. Good luck!

i wasnt calling him a liar. LOL

i was trying to inject some humor into the reply i made =)

The guy is not a liar. If you take the shaft and measure, it is larger at the splines. If you cut them shorter there won't be enough material. You will have to ask MKelly what he meant by shortened and resplined, but the Q45 axles I had could not be shortened. I just had them make custom axles, same spline, shorter length all of the same larger diameter stock. Good luck!

• 4 months later...

OK, so Q45 axels are too thin.

I have Armada axels with CV's. The shaft size is 1.26 in. diameter.

So these should be good candidates for a respline job, am I right?

So my plan is to use the Armada carrier and 2.94 gears, and the 300ZXTT viscous unit.

Incidentally , the spline on the ends are 32 teeth, and 1.29 in diameter.

-Les

Karl