HybridZ

cussing

woldson

I've seen some words used by the admins lately that seem to be a little out there.

I cuss a bit more then I should in every day life, but not here because of the rules.

Please let me know what words are acceptable so I can join in on the melay.

I do cuss but I admire what you all have done here so I have no problems following the rules.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am culprit of using a few here or there, but to be honest I think it would be better if they were just left off the sight... there are much better and more descriptive words words to get your point across if you are trying to make one.

Doing away with them altogether would add another level or professionalism to the site.

I don't really care either way but thats my 2 cents.

• Administrators
I agree, there have been many questionable words spoken by the admins, which are far out of line. But when its "their" site, what can ya do????

Ya know Bryan, we're people too. The one time I know an admin let his temper slip a bit, he publicly apologized to you. If I we're you, I'd take that appology as sincere and move on. Accord?

Wolson, Not sure what you're speaking of... Haven't seen anything myself recently... I think we should all act as we would in person and try to have a good exchange of opinions, facts, and comments without getting to vulger or getting to uptight... There's got to be a balance. Damn, hell, piss, freakin', friggin'... I don't know... I pretty much use every word invented by the Navy and improved by the Marines, but I personally "try" to keep it in check on the public HybridZ board unless some tool steps too far... Speaking of...

This message is for 1 fast z - What YOU can do, Brian is take a 7 day time out.. You've pushed one time to many...

Mike

I agree, there have been many questionable words spoken by the admins, which are far out of line. But when its "their" site, what can ya do????

I wanted to post on a couple but felt that it was to public so I went here.

Ghezzz, should of pm'ed.

The reason I even brougt it up was I respect those who have made such an incredable site. (note junkyard adventures)

I was not even going to post here again because I thought you all would know.

I will no longer participate in this thread, the information should have been in a pm not open for public disscussion.

Sorry,

Woldson.

Word to the wise:

It seems there are several members, past, present and future, who don't understand the cold hard facts of life:

- HybridZ.org is a private party that you can come and join without invitation, and stay as long as you don't cause trouble or tick off the hosts.

- HybridZ.org user status is not a right. It's a priviledge.

- The admins/moderators (referred to as admins from here on) have power to show the door to people that don't follow the rules or become a problem too often - they can ban you from the site. Yes, you can re-register, but we will probably out-last you on that little game.

If you don't like how the admins are acting at the party that they are throwing (i.e., allowing you to come to HybridZ and post), you can leave or you can PM or email them and see if you can politely explain your complaint. That way, you are much more likely to get them to listen to your complaint and possibly apologize and/or rectify the situation if they agree they should have dealt with something another way.

But if you post about the admins disparagingly on the forums, you will look like the rebel that wants to be shown off the island.

If you weren't taught to respect authority (whether you agree with the authority figure or not), then we really don't care if we have to teach you here. This is NOT a democracy.

Consider this social situation: If you make a scene in public on the forum, you will be shown the door. Why the heck would we want you at our private party if you call us out in front of everybody? Do you think publicly slamming the admins is going to HELP your situation? I guess you may get some kind of satisfaction if someone posts and agrees with you. If that's what you are looking for, then you are just a grand-standing rebel, and we certainly don't want you here. It's the admin's party and you probably aren't going to continue to be welcome if you cause a fuss about them in public, just like if you flame one of their guests. Sure, it doesn't seem fair that the admins can smack you down for your speaking your mind, but instead of making it public (what good will that do but get others to become the focus of scrutiny?), be tactful and mature and do it IN PRIVATE. In private, there can be a peaceful resolution. But when you make it public, you cause the admins to have to make a decision about whether you are welcome at the party or not. It doesn't matter if the admin was wrong or right in how many people's eyes. It's the admin's party. Don't give us the "that's not fair!" BS - we will just tell you life isn't fair and HybridZ is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship. Learn to live with those cold hard facts.

As always, put yourself in the shoes of the admin when you think about publicly denigrating them. Sure, they should be above retaliation. But why should they bother with you after you do that? Why should they allow you to stay at their party? They have no reason to want you to stay after that, since you've now publicly challenged them. You've at this point made an uncomfortable scene. I can guarantee you that more people will be against you than for you after that. Sure, you may get some who take your side, but then you've started the battle that must be dealt with. Many admins won't have time for that and decide that your wonderous tech knowledge is not worth the price of your rebel ways and they will probably ban you if you make it a big scene, or make a few small scenes.

Lecture concluded.

Pete's rant seems a little heavy handed, but I'm strangely ok with that. There is a certain Z guy on another (unnamed forum) who was banned from Hybridz...said Z guy regularly uses profanity and abusive language toward other members (me included). I don't see that kind of behavior on this site. And it is very much appreciated. So, if the admins have to bring out the paddle every once in a while, it just reminds the rest of us to mind our Ps and Qs.

Now, do I get to use the paddle if Pete steps out of line???? LOL

Calgary - you sure do get to use the paddle! - just do it in a PM! LoL

Yes, I think the members needed to read that rant. We've had a spate of problems with this lately and I wanted to make it completely clear what the social setting is at HybridZ.