HybridZ

VQ30de vs VQ30deT/TT as DD

Madkatt44

I want to put a VQ30 in my car but i can't decide on which one. It will be daily driver/weekend track so i want something dependable and moderately good on gas. I want power, but i want reliably more then power. Is the TT reliable? Does anyone have the actual engine size dimensions of both the VQ30 and the TT. I'm not sure if it will fit in my engine bay. I did some searching but i didn't come up with anything. I have a V8 SBC in it right now. I want more power potential.

The VG30DETT will fit in the S30 but apparently it takes a lot of work, and won't get much better mileage than a V8 (My Z32TT averages 17mpg). And if you go with the N/A I don't think you will have more potential than with the V8. Power and gas mileage don't like each other, but a good balance can be achieved. I'm not an expert on V8s, but if I was you instead of doing a swap I would put some money on the V8 you already have to make it more powerful and save some money for gas.

In that case I have no idea if it will fit in a Model T. Have you ever seen a VG30DETT? They are very big and wide. In fact, a SBC is way easier to fit and the VG30 weighs the same or more than a SBC V8.

If I was building a car for fuel economy I would look into the SR20DET, but I don't know if that is something you would even consider putting in a Model T.

Fuel economy isn't a must at the moment i was just wonder what the MPG would be. I know the engine would easily stick out and in fact i mean them too. I would situate the turbos outside the car so it works for me. Just wondering the exact measurement of the Intake manifold see if that will fit under my current hood, lol besides I could always go hood less. Thanks for the the idea on the other engine. I have another car that would be perfect for.