HybridZ

E8 Wideband Setup

speeder

I'm working with an E8 on a Toyota 2jZ (Not mine).

I know I'm missing something, but can't seem to find where in Halwin to select which wideband input used, between the shielded O2 wire or an A/D channel.

I have an Innovate LC-1 and am primarily interested in datalogging AFRs.

This is the first modern Haltech I've done ( I have an F9A fuel -only on my beater 280) and am not impressed with its software's user - friendliness - But maybe that's just because it's new to me.

Anyway, any help with the whole Wideband setup process, from what input used through Halwin selections, would be appreciated!

Got it.

My primary goal was to be able to datalog WBO2. This was accomplished by setting up an analog->digital input with the "UEGO" option, then an option for O2 sensor will appear in the "Sensor Calibration" box. I selected "Haltech fuel pressure sensor" (yeah, I know) for a calibration and it put in a linear 0-5V for 10-20 AFR calibration. I then programmmed the LC1 for the identical curve on one of its outputs.

Now a big WBO2 display (in AFRbigSmile.gif) is available as a data page and also as a datalog item. This display tracks the Innovate's gauge values perfectly.

The secondary goal was to set up closed loop O2 feedback using the wideband. It apears that this can only be accomplished by using the shielded cable O2 input. For this I used the other output from the LC1 programmmed with the standard simulated narrowband 0-1V curve. I'll be setting up the O2 feedback in the next couple days.

Being an Electromotive guy I find the Haltech software to be somewhat flukey and counter - intuitive, but maybe familiarity will soften that opinion. Serious street tuning on the Lexus GS300 (2JZ, T74, 1000cc injectors, converted from auto to R154 5-speed by Rick) is now underway. This big beoch should haul some @ss.