HybridZ

ok. more questions

Here we go again, so bear with me guys. here is some background. i have a 75 280z that will be receiving a s13 blacktop sr20. after my prelim mockups i know i have notch the cross member to fit my greddy pan. here are what i still need to figure out

1. what speedometer are you guys running? Im going to go with all autometer gauges and am just curious which model works the easiest of this swap

2. what intercooler set up and piping size are you guys running?

3. anyone with an after market shifter have any issues? my motorset came with an aftermarket (looks like b&m, but with no markings).

thanks guys

1. Any electronic speedometer from Autometer will be perfectly fine.

2. On our personal car we are running a 25x12x4 V-mount setup with 3" piping, but customer cars run a 25x12x3 all day long with 2.5" piping

3. No issues with any aftermarket shifters, from no-name brand B&M style to the C's style short shifters as well.

Alex, I got a question regarding fuel delivery. I am almost done with my swap into a 70 240z. I am pretty sure I will need to find the hard fuel lines from a 280z FI to allow enough volume. Am I correct? I got my pump and fuel cell complete. Plumbing is one of the last little projects to complete.

not sure? ive never failed a tech inspection before because of them. i know that they cant be run through the passenger cabin if they arent hard lines. eitherway, summit sells fuel hard line too. in the end it will be easier to go custom with it rather than playing with all the pre bent stock ones

greenmonster, i would look into getting the summit hard lines if you do not want to run steel braided all the way from the back to the fuel rail.

We are running a few 240s with fuel cells and the summit hardlines as well as others running stock fuel tank and lines but with a surge tank and no issues with fuel starvation on either setup.

• 2 months later...

alright, now im confused again, i have an auto meter tach hooked up the cas but it doesnt read, i noticed that vildini is running this same tach on at least one of their sr cars, what do you have them hooked up to and did you need any signal modifiers? im truly confused now. thanks