HybridZ

ls1 long tubes, who wants them?

would you like long tubes or not?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. would you like long tubes or not?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Grenade300

I would love some, but a rough guess on the price would make this poll much more accurate, as well as knowing if they would work with the JCI swap.

Scott

yea i went to school for welding fabrication and automotive refinishing. plus i am having one of my buddy's help me get the first set made since he makes his own Subaru turbo exhausts.

im waiting to start on this to see if there are people interested in buying a set. that way i can go about making them a different way so i can make more than one set.

does 800 sound reasonable to everyone for a set of stainless headers? i noticed that most stainless headers are around that price if not higher.

any information would help me on what im doing, that would be most appreciated so that i can get it right so everyone will be happy. please let me know what everyone is thinking for these headers.

Should they me made for a race setup or should i make them for just street use?

Should i make a full exhaust also if your interested in that as well?

If you want something special made with the exhaust on how its routed, if you dont want it going to the back but dump out the side?

Guest Grenade300

I already have my exhaust done, so if you are able to create the long tube headers exit in the same place as the JCI ones, that would be awesone. Then all of us who have already done our exhaust system could go and have the flanges welded on the collector and then bolt them right in with minimal modification to our already expensive custom exhausts.

Just my 2 cents, but feel free to chime in if your opinion differs.

What would be the difference between a "race" and "street" setup be?

Scott

im not sure if i can sqeeze the exhaust by the frame rails so i might have to notch them to get a set to fit, also with how much ground clearance there will be.

i dont have the JCI exhaust myself so it will be hard for me to get them to match with that kit and i dont have much spare change to get that exhaust kit. if someone could take some measurements from frame rails and certain points then i can mock up a set.

• 1 year later...
does 800 sound reasonable to everyone for a set of stainless headers? i noticed that most stainless headers are around that price if not higher.

Yep. I was going to have a custom set of headers made for the VG30 turbo in my 510 and was quoted $800 for stainless. I'm sure some before & after dyno numbers would seal the deal for many. ;)

i would consider them. question, why coat stainless steel?

Stainless and chrome tends to 'blue' over time. Coatings typically don't, plus they retain more heat inside the tubes when coated and normally you get a cooler engine bay in the process.

Guest Gr8White

The market is there for these I believe, somebody needs to step up to the plate! I'll get them coated myself if I have to!

first off i want to apologize to everyone for not keeping this current. i WAS working on this project for my fellow Z members, but i have lost my job and had to sell my Z. i know it is possible to make the long tubes work but i just dont have a car to test on anymore. i will try again once i have an income to support my addiction lol.