HybridZ

Help a dutch guy out...

Well guys,

I introduced myself a while ago, and now I am started with the complete restoration of my 260Z. I posted this thread in the Toyota L6 section, but someone told me I better put it here.....

When things come together I will definitely post it in the members project section, but for now I need to clear out a few things.

I am doing a 2jz-GTE swap on this car and therefore need a lot of goodies. Only small problem is that I live in the Netherlands and I have to ship all the stuff to my place. I’ve made a list of products that I need and/or want, but I also need to be sure that the companies are able to ship it to the Netherlands and can also be trusted.

The budget on the car is around € 20.000,- ($ 31.000) and I only want quality stuff. I think the list is almost complete, but to make sure of that I want you guys to tell me if I miss anything or maybe need to replace certain products with better counterparts or whatever.

If you guys can help me out, then that would be great!

The LIST:

Datsun 260Z (check) $ 1300

2jz-GTE engine (will buy it in the Netherlands) $ 4600

R154 gearbox with plate (will buy in the Netherlands) $ 775

Mounting bracket (beta motorsports) $ 300

R200 Longnose Z31 ?

Brakes 5-lug (AZC) $ 2200

Suspension (AZC) $ 1600

Front control arms (AZC) $ 558

Rear control arms (AZC)

Steering knuckles (AZC) $ 179

Mustache bar (AZC) $ 199

Brace kit R200 (AZC) $ 279

Front diff. mount (AZC) $ 29

Radiator (griffin) $ 255

Intercooler (megan racing) $ 300

Fuel Cell (Fuel Safe) $ 450

Exhaust

Gauges (Blitz) $ 1300

Turbo (Power House racing street kit) $ 3695

Fuel management (no idea)

Fuel pump (check)

Stand alone engine management (No idea)

New seats

Wheels

Roll cage

Custom made driveshaft (what do I need)

ZG flares

(new seals all around/bolts /hoses etc etc)

If you guys can think of more stuff I really need that would be very helpful.

One more problem is that I need a few important body parts:

Rear back panel, rear fenders and my shock towers are in a bad shape on the lower side, are there also replacement parts for this?

Thanks a lot guys!!!

You could get in contact (PM him here) with Frank280ZX, he is in Utrecht.

He will have a container shipping to Rotterdam or Amsterdam late in June as I have been told.

He's busy building his S130 for the Time Attack at Zanvoort first week in June. Matter of fact, I have to go UPS Red his bearing set to him right now...

Thanks guys.

I already spoke with Frank and in a short while I will meet up with him to talk about certain things. My car will be restored by VA-motorsport, if everything works out.

When I start buying the products I need, Frank will be my contact for the USA :-P

Have you looked into megasquirt for your EMS?

Looks like you're going all out!

Yup, I looked at Megasquirt but I can't really tell if the quality of the product is at the top. I really want gooed quality, but not exactly know wich brand to go for. Also depends on my tuner over here.

And yes I'm going all out.. My goal is to finish the project within 3 years from now. I will open a Members project page when I really start making big steps.