HybridZ

kinda had to toot my own horn...

so i went and watched big phils videos looking to get a dyno number out of them. 339 seemed to bet he one i got.

today, w/ a hybrid Z members car that i built, it went to 362whp/358ft.lbs. at 19psi of boost. on a holset hy35w turbo, 93 octane pump gas, and no methanol.

i'm fairly happy w/ the cars results.... the difference between big phils car and this car would be a mystery cam that was put in at some point before i ever took responsibility for the cars build.

regardless, rather than the usual high torque figures we see along w/ the WHP, this cars fairly equal. and the torque is flat as a rock. i'll post up videos and dyno charts tommorow, but i was fairly impressed.

Green_Car.jpg

video coming shortly... the rough power curve on the 19psi is partially from blowing spark out, and partially from the injectors being static. were going to attempt to convince the owner to run 550-700's and go back just to see if we can clean the curve up some (and maybe find another 100whp :x)

the dyno owner had it set up for MPH, whenever i redo the stuff in winpep7 here at home w/ RPM, portions of the graph disappear. I'll see if i can get better screen caps w/ RPM's up.

The dyno readings are also shy by 5-10hp/tq vs. what they were saying on the dyno PC at the dyno facility.

All pulls were made from 2,000rpm to the 6,500rpm set in the MSnS.

at 19psi w/ the conservative timing, forged slugs, ARP hardware, 7:1 CR, it's nothing it can handle all day every day.

the tires on the other hand might disagree with that.

since i left the z world 3 years ago i have been dealing with 9.5:1 c/r and 19 psi hence my freak out when i saw the afr. lean is mean, but damn!

i do however agree on the tires. i eat them every 6 months.

since i left the z world 3 years ago i have been dealing with 9.5:1 c/r and 19 psi hence my freak out when i saw the afr. lean is mean, but damn!

i do however agree on the tires. i eat them every 6 months.

the bottom graph? thats a boost plot, not AFR's. we weren't logging AFR's on the dyno, those were being logged in MegaSquirt.

what head gasket and what was the compression ratio?

Sorry, missed this question before. 2mm HKS gasket, unknown piston specs (told forged, but pulling the head and taking my own measurements to get a number wasn't part of the build). Told to build the car with a 7:1ish motor in mind.

thanks. I was curious because i have basically the same set up. Well stock engine but you can see my specs below. what injectors are you running?

440cc's, we've run them to over 22-23psi before on other engines. this time though, whatever cam this is in the head eats alot of air in the upper RPM's and just tapped the injectors out.

larger units have arrived, we'll get them installed and setup soon hopefully. been busy with alot of other stuff though. once they are put in we'll do road tuning of the map to compensate for the new larger injectors, then hit the dyno again for final numbers.

i want to send it back to the dyno in the winter too, i'm guessing it will make a fair bit more power in the cold considering what it did in a nearly 100 degree dyno room.

Im running 13-14psi right now and im planning on upping it to around 16 tomorrow. and see how that goes. i really need to do some ducting to my intercooler though im getting some heat soak and my intake temps are getting into the 150's and 160's by the time i hit redline in 4th gear..